8 | Zam Wesell

Anakin's POV:

I pushed off of the ground before the Assassinator got away. I ran as fast as I could, trying to catch up.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan yelled. I ignored him as I caught up to the person.

I stopped outside of the Outlander Club as they ran inside. Kendra was the first to catch up to me, and she sighed of relief.

"Are you crazy?!" She shouted. "You could have been killed back there!"

"I think she's a changeling." I told Obi-Wan.
He caught up on his breathing. "Kendra, stay with Anakin. You'll get lost in there."
She nodded.

We followed Obi-Wan into the club, and I ignored all of the stares I received from all of the people.

"I sense her." I told Obi-Wan.
"Go find her." He demanded.
I rose a brow. "Where are you going?"
He looked at me, hiding a smile.
"For a drink."

I turned to Kendra. "It's just us, then."
"Do you think she's in the back?" She asked me.
"I don't know, we should split up... Be careful." I told her.
She nodded.

I walked around crowds of people, using the Force to feel anything foreign. I could sense danger near, which lead me to look around for Kendra.

She was standing near a group of people, looking around. That's when I seen the girl behind her, holding her blaster.

"There!" I yelled to get Obi-Wan's attention.
I charged towards Kendra, grabbing her waist before I pulled her back. That's when I could hear Obi-Wan's lightsaber, and the girl screamed.

Kendra's eyes were focused on mine as she gripped my arms with her hands. "Thank you."
I nodded before letting go, looking around as people stared.

"Jedi business, go back to your drinks." I demanded.

-

Obi-Wan and I dragged the girl outside as she stirred weakly.

"Who do you work for?"
"It was a job." She hissed.
"Tell us." I demanded.
She stared at me.
My nostrils flared. "Tell us now!"

Before she could say a word, a low hiss was heard, and a metal object was sticking from the girls neck. I watched as she began to change to her true form.

I looked up to see a familiar figure. Their rocket pack jolted them into the air, and I looked at Obi-Wan.

"Jango Fett."
"A bounty hunter?" Kendra asked.

I smiled at her. "Congratulations, you knew that."

-

Padmé sat next to Chancellor Palpatine as Kendra, Obi-Wan and I sat across from them.
"Jango has teamed with Count Dooku." Chancellor muttered.

"We must make a move soon." Obi-Wan said, folding his arms. "I sense grave danger."
Chancellor Palpatine looked at the Jedi guards. "Get ahold of Mace Windu. Tell him to gather an army of clones."
"Yes, Sir."

"What do we do, exactly?" I asked.

"We go in for a fight. We destroy the Bounty Hunter and Count Dooku, once and for all."
Kendra shifted next to me uncomfortably, making me wish I could just comfort her. I knew she was afraid. She was a new Padawan, with little experience.

"Tell me, Obi-Wan. Was this Assassinator familiar with the Jedi?" He asked.
Obi-Wan shook his head. "No, but the thing you should know, is that she was a female."
He rose a brow. "How strange."

Master Windu walked in and looked at the Chancellor. "Chancellor, the order is finished."
"Great. Soon we will head to Geonosis." Palpatine told us.

"I will head back to Naboo and assign reinforcements." Padmé said.

"It's settled. We will head to Geonosis, and end this. May the Force be with us all."