Storytelling and Recordings

^a pretty photo I edited and made my background, nothing relevant to the story

***

Leo finally agreed to hearing me out and now we're in a café two streets down from the hotel, not risking being interrupted at the restaurant there.

"Explain the coat" he asked, pretty much glaring into his cup of coffee.

"As she said, red with black buttons on the top part" I start, munching on my blueberry muffin." But there is no make,a is there?" I added between bites, piquing his interest.

"No..." He dragged out, waiting for me to continue.

"Well, a friend of mine made it for me as a birthday present. When we were window shopping once, she saw me ogling a coat at a Pirelli store, so Sarah wasn't that far off... But I didn't have the money to buy it so I just bitched about it two weeks after" i smile, taking a sip of my coffee.

I could tell that all these interruptions were making him lose his nerve, but he didn't say anything about it.

I smiled and continued "She's a designer in the making and with just a picture of the coat, was able to make me the same exact coat. She had my measurements from a previous project she worked on so it fits me perfectly."

"Ok... What happened that day? In detail please."

Well, this is going to take a while.

"Well, to start off, he was an asshole the whole time. When I tried to call an ambulance, he pointed a fucking gun to my head 'I don't need an am ulance or your help, so fuck off' he says" I reply, doing my best imitation of asshole Dante.

He just smiles an nodds.

"That seems like something he would say."

"So yeah, I couldn't exactly just lwave him there you know? Morals and stuff. So I hand him my phone to call whoever he wants and went to my parked car a short distance from him to get the first aid kit a blanket. When I come back he rudely fucking throws my phone on my bag! Can you believe that?!"

I was more like complaining than explaining, but everything's fine as long as I get to let off some steam and the same message gets across.

So yeah.

Leo just smiles some mkre and nodds, not saying another word.

"So I oversee his rude behaviour and lay him down on my precious coat and take my shirt off tostop the bleeding-"

"What color was it? The shirt I mean"

"It was suppossd to be red, but it became pink over the years" I say, trying to get back on track quickly.

"Anyway, I lay him down, stop the bleeding, clean the wound, all that while he still bitches about how he doesn't need my help and all that. I, obviously ignore the fucker and attend to his stab wound further. I sprayed some antibiotic on the wound and put a gauze on top, telling him to hold the stuff until his boys came. That's when you rounddd the corner and I dived for my car."

He just raised an eyebrow and let me continue, a little smirk oresent on his face.

"All these identical black cars come and you come out and get him into one car, then come back for the coat and the stuff I left there, hence your possesion of the coat."I finished, sipping once more at my coffee.

"... Why did you run?"

"Are you being serious? The man threatened me with a gun to my head for God's sake! I didn't run for the hills because he was already half dead, but if more people like him came that we're healthy and ready to kill anyone that knew their secret, I would obviously try to keep my life, you know?" I end sarcastically, bitting the muffin once more.

A long pause followed.

I could feel his gears turning and that was not comforting.

"The phone number? Abel said you had another one"

"Dual sim baby" I say, showing him the Settings menu where both numbers are shown.

He nodded slowly, thinking up another question

"Why tell me now? Why not leave everything as it is and leave boss to his business as he doesn't look for you anymore?"

"Mostly because I didn't want you to think I was a liar, but a little teeny tiny bit because  I started to.....you know..." I tried to avoid the actual words, looking at Leo to get it on his own.

"Started to what?" He asked, a little knowing smile making its appearance.

".... Harbour.... Certain feelings for Mr Damiano " I say, pronouncing his name with an Italian accenf, trying to lighten the mood.

"I knew it" he says, lightly punching my shoulder .

"Is he ok though?" I ask, suddenly serious "Did his wound heal properly?"

"Well, it wasn't that much since the incident, but it opebed again when he went crazy in his hotel room and... Did that to you..." He guiltly said, looking ashamed

"It's ok. I'm over it. But you should tell him to take it easy a coyple of weeks " I say casually, noticing that he has been holding his phone awkwardly for quite some time.

"What are you doing over there? Texting some girl?" I ask jokingly, hearing a bing for the first time.

All color draibed from my face at the familiar sound.

I jumped over the table and snatched his phone, looking at the screen.

He didn't get to lock it at the sudden movement and I got to see a 15:32 minute recording was sent to 'Boss' 3 secobds ago.

I was in shock and as soon as I came to, I threw the phone towards Leo and took my coat, already exiting the café.

"I'm sorry! But he already knew the girl wasn't the one he was looking for, but he needed to know who sent her, so he played along! And why are you running away?" He said, following me outside.

"I don't want to meet him right now and you tricked me! I thought I could talk to openly, but you sent him a personal conversation Leo!" I angrily say, adrenaline rushing in.

I put my coat on and don't bother to button it as I take my keys out

Thank god we came with my car!

I get in and as soon as Leo tries to get to the other side and get in, I lock the doors.

He knocks frustrated on my window, bending over to my level.

"C'mon, don't be like that bambina"

"Don't you bambina me Leo! I'm mad at you!" I yell, getting out of the parking lot.

I stuck my tongue out at Leo and sped away.

Fml.