Chapter 7: Girl talk

A/N: Picture of sadie above ;)

     I didn't know what to do with myself.

    There was a sleeping man in his room, tired from whatever he's been doing all night. His best friend just saw me naked a few minutes ago and Richwood University officially starts tomorrow, on a monday. God I hate mondays.

    I hope everyone doesn't immediately hate me since I'll be a loner. I know I consider Jackson —a guy I just met yesterday— a friend, but there is no way i'm sitting at lunch alone with him and his little buddies. And Aiden, don't get me started on him because he saw me....well you already know now.

    I need to go out, I decided and went in my room to change, since Jackson won't give me a tour i'll just go myself. I slipped on a pair of black shorts and a baby blue tank top and my flip flops. Whoever wants to judge me can go screw themselves. That phrase actually got me through high school.

    After writing Jackson a quick note I opened the door and slipped outside. As I walked on the grass where a lot of students were hanging out I realized R.U is a pretty big place. The school itself has a total of eight different building all of them has more than one floor but the dorm on campus is kind of small, it has three buildings. I remember driving past the off campus dorms about five minutes before I got here, that on the other hand is huge.

   I smiled at a college student pushing a cart with  bunch of mini snacks and other stuff, the sign in front said it was a fundraiser of some kind so I bought a pack of twizzlers. Finding an empty spot away from everyone, I sat under a tree and closed my eyes taking in my freedom away from my mom.

  Oh crap my mom.

     I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed the familiar number. Please don't pick up, please don't pick up, please don't pick up...

   "About time". Someone's sharp high pitch voice snapped on the other end of the line.

   I sighed. " Mom i'm sorry I forgot to call you".

  " Whatever, you're just lucky I don't cancel your admission and make you come back home where I can keep a close eye on you". She said is a mock sweet voice which pissed me off.

 " Goodbye mom". I didn't want to say something i'd regret. She's been like this all my life and it's never going to change.

  " Wait— did you speak to your father yet or....did he send you someone". Her voice was low. What? my father?

  "Uh...no. Mom I haven't talked to my dad in years and why would he send someone, who—".

  She interjected. " I've said too much already...bye hon, don't forget the postcards!".

  Over my dead body.

   I leaned back against the tree. Ever since I got here it seemed like my life has changed forever, meaning no one to bother me, no more crying myself to sleep at nights because my mom got a botox and is cranky from the pain. Why can't life be easy for everyone?

   "Are you okay?". Someone asked above me. I looked up to see a girl around my age with golden blond hair and icy blue eyes staring down at me.

  " Yeah, I'm fine". I got up to face her and noticed she's around the same hight as me.

  "Well,". She had a concerned look on her face. "You're crying".

   Crap. " Oh...sorry". I dried my tears with my fingers and wiped them on my shorts. 

   It's just water.

" Who is it?". She asked catching me off guard.

   "Excuse me?". I met her gaze.