Expressing My Gratitude

Guys, I'm feeling really hurt and betrayed right now. Friendships are stupid 😔 advance apology if my chapters suck because of my change in emotions.
- Glazeisaunicorn215

Claire's POV

                       Obviously I thanked him already. But I can't seem to stop thanking him. I need to give him a gift back, but what could top a puppy that's on fire? What could top a gift as special as that? It obviously erased any thoughts of me being a freak and alone, cause guess what? That puppy has blue fire too!

                    He seemed satisfied at how happy I was with Christmas, but I couldn't seem to let go of the fact that all I said was thank you. I mean, don't get me wrong, a thank you goes a long way in life. But, he deserves more. Maybe I'm just talking hopped up on jollyness that I got a puppy, or maybe I'm actually starting to thaw my frozen heart. That's actually funny, acting like I'm in a romantic soap opera.

                      Christmas was running along and exploring in my room, as I was just sitting on the bed. I really couldn't express my gratitude in any way. Maybe I could cook him a meal? I heard a thump, and looked over just in time to see Christmas trying to go through a mirror. It was adorable. Funny how she's engulfed in blue flames, yet, her surroundings aren't caught on fire.

                  I sighed, taking my hair out of its bun, feeling a headache start to form. I decided that showering would be good for me, and got my lazy day clothes ready. A pair of pink sweatpants, a spaghetti strap and some fluffy socks were the way to go. I glanced at Christmas to see her disappearing under my bed. I determined that she wouldn't notice my absence, since she was so focused on sniffing her surroundings.

                      I grabbed my clothes, and went into the bathroom.

During my shower, I still couldn't stop thinking about how to express my gratitude. Do I buy him flowers? No, no, no. It's supposed to be the other way around. Why are men so difficult. Actually, why are vampires so difficult? That's it! I can give him some of my blood! I grinned to myself.

Then I frowned. That was the most stupid idea ever. I doubt he would even accept the gift.

Towel drying and putting on my clothes went in kind of the same way. Still very stupid ideas, still no expression of gratitude. I sighed and went to my last resort. Hotty with a body.

~~~~

                    Plopping down in my bed was the easy part. Now, finding the courage to ask Merlin for help, now that was a whole different story. I mentally prepared myself for this conversation, and reached under the bed to retrieve my phone.

                   I took a deep breath and pressed the home button, and was confused as I saw that I already had two messages.

  unknown number
                   meet me at the pool, I want to talk to you.           -Atticus

My heart started pounding faster, and a goofy smile found its way on my face. I didn't respond, and instead opened up the other message.

   Hotty with a body
             I can feel your crazy stressing vibes from the kitchen!! What in gods name are you worried about girl?!
         -you know you love me, xoxo, best wizard in town.

            Me
         I need to find a way to thank Atticus!!

          Hotty with a body
    For the surprise? Girl, use your feminine charm as a gift!! -Merlin