Prologue

WATER was everywhere. It filled her mouth and her eyes, making it difficult to breathe and difficult to see anything in front of her. The water also filled her lungs, making every breathe she took difficult. She was freezing, far too numb to feel anything. And yet, she felt like she was on fire. She never felt a stronger will to live.

It was weird. It was weird how she'd always lived life halfheartedly and in the moment it was being taken from her grasp, she couldn't think of something she wanted more. She wanted to live. Long where the thoughts she'd had about wanting to die young. She wanted to get married. She wanted to have children and see them grow.

She didn't want to die, not now. And still, her options were limited, her chances of surviving where slim. If she was to die tonight (which she was) she wanted to die on his arms. She wanted to kiss him one last time. She wanted to tell him she loved him, although she knew he felt it too, even if it hadn't been spoken. Some things didn't need to be said, they simply were.

And that's how it was with him. She hadn't expected to fall in love in a ship. And she hadn't expected to fall so quickly and so completely. For him, if there was any reason to live, to fight until she gave out then she needed to do it for him. She couldn't scream, no one would hear her, everyone was too far from her.

This, she realized was the story of how she died.

A/N: before you proceed to leave a rude comment on this story keep in mind I read every comment. Stop commenting this story is inaccurate; this is literally a story about a vampire on the TITANIC. If these comments continue I will unpublish this story.