Sixteen - Locked up

Hello, everyone! So excited to update you with the latest chapter in the book. Can't wait to hear your thoughts, and comments.  

(KELLAN Speaking)

(KELLAN Speaking)

I'd been pretty much staring at an empty seat in front of me for the past forty minutes, with only one thought in my mind. Where is she? I looked up at the clock on the far wall for the millionth time. It just sat there ticking away defiantly, slowly driving me crazy with its tiny ticking sound echoing inside my head. For a being that could exist for thousands of years, this last hour had felt like an eternity in itself. I'd already tried asking for a hall pass twice, but I guess my rep had finally gotten the better of me today, with a solid "No," from Mrs. Turner, the English teacher. When I arrived late to class, I didn't get the chance to talk to Sage.

I tried chucking a note onto her desk, but Mrs. Turner marched over with her hand held out requesting the paper from Sage. "Just a reminder class," she said turning to look at me, "notes and other conversations should wait until the class break." Sage just shrugged, then turned back to the front of the room.

I couldn't help but think Wren was with him. Tick, tick, tick. I could feel my emotions build. There was no way I was letting this room keep me hostage any longer, then about two seconds later the silence of the classroom was broken.

"Brrring...!" The fire alarm's loud shrill echoed around the room while the sprinkler system poured water everywhere. Students were jumping up screaming. Others held their binders and book bags over their heads while they tried to pack their bags. It was complete chaos. I just smirked and let the water wash over me, and calmly picked up my already packed bag and tossed it over my shoulder.

"All right everyone," Mrs. Turner hollered over the screaming students trying to get control of the room, "calm down. It's only water." I could see her look overhead at the busted sprinkler pipes raining down across her classroom. "Class dismissed. Everyone out, maintenance will have come and fix the pipes, before we can have another class in here."

As I walked by Sage heading towards the door, I nudged her. "Come on." I grinned and clasped my hands cracking my fingers.

"Kellan!" Sage yelled at me from behind when she got outside of the room. "What the hell?"

I waved her on to following me while I kept moving towards the exit doors next to the gym when she finally caught up to me grabbing my arm.

"I know the water works display was totally your doing. Couldn't you just wait ten minutes for class to finish? Seriously, the sloppy wet look isn't the one I was aiming for when I left Wren's this morning."

Well, she had that part right. Her strawberry blond hair clung to her face, and her makeup was running, streaking across the tiny freckles on her cheeks. I tried not to laugh, as I watched the water drip off of her clothes and forming a large puddle beneath her. "Then, as you can probably guess, I'm a little more than impatient to know where Wren might be. For some reason, I have a pretty good idea you know."