Chapter 9

I must of passed out because I woke up on the bathroom floor with a girl standing over me. She had black hair that came down just past her shoulders and had 1 blue streak in it. Her dark brown eyes were big and round. "Erm, hi?" I said unsure what to think of this random girl staring down at me.

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up!" She smile and helped me to my feet.

"I don't mean to be rude," I said, "but who are you?" She laughed and looked toward the door.

"A friend of Elijah's. He dragged me out here with him." She smiled whilst looking back.

"Elijah has friends?" I asked. I didn't think a big bad original would make many friends.

"Yeah, of course. Well..." She thought for a second, "it's just me actually." She smiled happily.

"Oh, cool I guess." I said dusting my back an bum. She smiled at me.

"I'm Gemma." She told me. Then held out her hand. Once she took it her eyes flew open and she jumped back. "Oh god!" She said and backed up toward the doorway.

"What? What is it?" I asked, wondering why she was acting weird.

"I'm sorry. I've got to go." She reached for the door but I grabbed her arm.

"What's going on?" I asked, worried now.

She was clearly a vampire but she seemed to sense something about me like a witch would. Strange.

I get to the boarding house and everyone was still out at the event so I went to the kitchen to get a snack. We had no food in the fridge so I closed it and turned. "Ah!" I said and looked up to see Elijah.

"Didn't mean to frighten you." He spoke. Wow, he's voice.

"What? Pffftttt! I wasn't frightened." I turned to the cupboard behind me and grabbed a glass. "Want a drink?"

"You're asking a vampire if he wants a drink?" Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Good point." I poured myself some lemonade and while Elijah was looking away I poured some vodka in there too.

"I've came to say sorry about Gemma's strange behaviour earlier." He smiled and looked at my drink, "aren't you too young to be drinking alcohol?"

I shot a look at him, "aren't you too old to be stalking teenage girls?"

"Fair point." He started to look uncomfortable.

"Anyway, what was Gemma's problem?" I asked. We were now sitting at the table.

"She saw that you could see ghosts and got freaked out. She only knows one other person that can do that and he sends people to try and kill her." Elijah explained.

"So she thought I was send to kill her?" I asked. I mean come on, I'm a teenage girl.

"Pretty much." He admitted and pointed at the coffee maker, "Why don't I make you a coffee?"

"I have drink." I stated the obvious and downed the alcohol.

Elijah took the drink off me and replaced it with a mug off coffee. "There you go."

"Thanks." I smiled and then places the coffee gently on the table. "What are you doing in Mystic Falls?"

"I could ask you the same question." He said suspiciously.

"My family live here."

"Why are you really here?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I have to stay because me and Jer are trying to find away to get Bonnie back." I finally told him. "Look, you cant tell anyone. No-one knows she's dead and if they find out-"

"I give you my word, I will not tell a soul." He interrupted.

"Thanks."

"Though, I would love to help..." He offered. I slowly stood up and walked over to the sink.

"I don't think Jeremy would like that too much." Strangely, I wanted his help.

"Well...if you change your mind." I turned to hear the rest of the sentence and he was gone. A note was left on the table. It had Elijah's number on it.