Chapter 22: St. Claires Asylum

Cole's POV

As Carter and I walked up to the Asylum, I got an odd feeling.

"I don't like this," I muttered.

"I don't either," Carter admitted,"If we die in here it's all your fault." We walked inside and up to the front desk. The staff looked...deadish.

"I'm here to see Jane Chancellor," I announced.

"Follow me," a man in dark green nurse suit boomed. We followed him up the 3 flights of stairs, before we finally reached her door.

"Have fun gettin anything out of her. You got 30 minutes," the man chuckled, and opened the door. I walked in first, then Carter followed.

"Where is she?" Carter whispered. I looked around the room and saw a figure sitting in the corner.

"Jane?" I called out, and approached the figure. I squatted down next to her, and touched her shoulder. She quickly turned her head, and looked at me.

 "Hi Jane," I smiled, then looked at Carter then back to Jane,"It's me...CoCo." Carter laughed, and I flipped him off.

"CoCo," Jane smiled.

"Yeah it's Jane," I smiled.

"Are they gone?" she asked.

"Who?" I asked.

"The bad men outside," she explained, and pointed to the door.

"Yeah they're gone," I assured. 

"Good," Jane stood up, and walked over to her bed,"How have you been Cole?"

"Wait what?" I gaped.

"How are you? Do you speak English? Oh hi Carter," she smiled. Carter looked just as confused as I was.

"Aren't you suppose to be crazy?"Carter asked.

"Technically yes, but that's another story," she rambled.

"So," I began,"If you're not crazy why are you in here?"

"I like the peace and quiet," she smiled,"And it's not safe out there."

"That's the world we live in," I sighed,"But that's not a reason to hide out."

"You wouldn't understand little brother," she sighed.

"Maybe if you told me I would," I glared.

"Maybe tomorrow baby brother," She smiled, and sat on the floor.

"Why tomorrow?"I asked.

"We're out of time," she announced. After that the man came in, and told us it was time to go.

"I'll see you tomorrow Jane," I smiled. She stayed silent. Yep that's my sister.

Carter and I walked out of the Asylum, and back to my car. We got in the car, and I drove home.

"So your sisters not crazy," Carter admitted.

"Yeah I guess," I mumbled.

"So are we going back tomorrow?" he asked.

"Would you like to go?" I asked.

"If you need me," he paused,"I'm here for you." 

I laughed, and looked at him,"Thanks babe." He laughed, and I smirked at him.

"So let's talk about you and Natalie," I smirked.

"What do you wanna know?" he asked.

"So you two did it," I laughed.