thirty two

"you smell good." jack compliments, standing in front of me.

i stand on his bed and he stands on the ground. his muscular arms wrap around my legs. i run my fingers through his dark hair and he stares up at me.

"thanks, it's called body wash." i whisper to him like it's some sacred secret.

he grins up at me and his moves feel up and down my legs, caressing them. this man is making me things i've never felt before. i'm falling for him way too quickly like its some cliche love story.

"take me to my apartment." i tell jack while i hop on his back for a piggyback ride.

now that i realize, i haven't been home in days.

"we didn't even go and get lunch." he tells me, grasping the back of my thighs with his hands to secure me onto him.

"we can get some after i bring my things home." i say and he nods. "then after that, we can do whatever you want."

"are you gonna get off my back then, so we can get going?"

"aw, i just got on." i whine and he just chuckles. "don't make another fat joke." i sternly tell him.

"i wouldn't dare to make another one."

i get off of his back and i start to gather my things. i'm stopped by jack grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward him so i'm flushed against his body.

"what are you doing, jack?" i ask, resting my hands on his chest.

"kissing you." he whispers over my lips before connecting them completely with mine.

i instantly kiss back to deepen the kiss. i pull away and he grins down at me. i like this playful and sweet jack. he repetitively pecks my lips over and over and i finally manage to stop him after a few seconds.

"come on, we have to go to my place." i say, grabbing onto his hand. "no more distractions."

"yes, ma'am." he boyishly grins at me.

i gather some of my shopping bags and jack grabs the rest. we both walk downstairs and out to his car, saying our farewells to cynthia. nope. still can't look her in the eyes without being embarrassed.

he doesn't let go of my hand as we put my bags into his trunk. he then walks me to the passenger side to open the door for me. he's quick to get to his side.

"safety first." jack tells me, grabbing onto his seatbelt. "i want you to be in one piece for work."

i groan, "work tomorrow. you just had to remind me?"

"it won't be bad." he smiles at me. "i'll be there with you. as long as you're there, i don't think i'll make you do anything hard labor."

"that's not fair to the other workers." i pout. "and alexa will be there. speaking of which, i still haven't forgiven you for believing her over me."

"i'm sorry about that." he chuckles, grabbing onto my hand. "i watched the footage from that day and knew you didn't start it."

"then why did you get mad at me that day?" i glare at him.

"to get on your last nerve." he responds.

he presses a kiss onto the back of it as he pulls out of the driveway.

"she's a devil. you need to get rid of her." i truthfully say.

"but first i need to hire more secretary and receptionists." he tells me.

"i could do one of those jobs." i reply.

"and have men ogle you right as they walk in? no thank you."

"you're so overprotective." i smile.

"what can i say?" he asks, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "i don't like sharing."

his eyes stay focused on the road. this is when i really get to examine his good looks. he's been treating me so well lately. and i can't help to think what it's like to be falling in love.

*

jack's pov

i watch as kehlani orders her food and she gives the waitress a bright smile. when is she not happy? i've only ever seen her not happy when i was an asshole toward her. she nods her head and something the waitress says and then thanks her.

damn, when did i ever get so lucky.

"what are you staring at?" she asks me, taking a sip of her water and then looking behind her.

i chuckle, shaking my head, "i'm looking at you, baby."

she squirms in her seat and blushes. i've come to conclusion that she loves when i call her that. i've been noticing a lot about her and that she is genuinely the one i want to be with.

"can you stop staring at me?" she asks.

"why? are you gonna make some museum joke again?" i mock and her smile grows even wider.

god. i'm falling for this girl so hard.

"that joke was funny." she retorts, making me chuckle.

"but the way you said it in my office was quite rude."

she smiles, rolling her eyes. her chin on her palm, which is being supported by her elbow on the table. kehlani begins to trace the pattern on the surface in front of us.

"am i beginning to bore you?" i ask and she looks up, straightening her posture.

"no, of course not." she smiles. "i was just thinking."

"about what?" i urge her, tilting my head.

"you." she grins and my eyebrows raise in interest.

"oh really?"

dirty things i hope.

she nods her head and gives me a closed mouth smile, "yup, but i can't tell you what specifically."

i narrow my eyes at her, "why is that?"

"because you're going to run off."

"no, i won't." i tell her, shifting in my seat.

oh no. what if she's suddenly realizing that she's a lesbian.

"you won't?"

i shake my head, "now tell me."

"i like you... a lot and i don't want it to freak you out. you're gonna go ballistic and make a big deal about how you didn't want me to fall for you-"

"calm down, kehlani." i cut her off with a giant smile on her face. "you're falling for me, huh?"

she looks like i'm torturing her with my words. she bites her bottom lip and cautiously nods her head.

"that's great." i breathe. "the feeling is mutual."

she smiles widely, "so, what does this mean for us?"

"we can start to become more serious. if that's what you want." i tell her.

for the first time, i'm not regretting serious words that are escaping my mouth. i usually regret leading a girl on, but not with her.

"you don't think we're moving too fast?" kehlani asks me, genuinely concerned with my answer.

"i've made you come at least seven times. i don't think we're moving too fast at all." i tell her. "you've tied my tie, provided for me, i'd say we might as well be at the altar now."

"shh... we're in public. you can't talk like that." she giggles. "but i would have never thought of you as a romantic."

"yeah, well, i found that in myself after i met you." i smirk at her and she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"you're too cheesy, mr. gilinsky." she tells me.

and i feel two types of things. a weird and unknown feeling in my heart and the familiar feeling of my pants tightening from the use of my surname.

{vote, comment, share}