Chapter 12

Fear raced down my spine, leaving prickly sensations of anger and doubt in its wake. Clutching my now sleeping baby to my breast I desperately watch the monitors in the panic room. To my surprised there were actually six intruders total. Far more then what I originally thought. They all wore black from head to toe including black ski masks to hide their faces. Two of the intruders were stationed at the penthouse's entrance. I am assuming that they are the look outs.

The other four men were crammed into Olivia's small room. They are currently trying to get into the panic room. From the wild gestures and the stance of all of them I can tell that they were arguing. I glance at the monitors that showed all of the building's entrances and exits. Where are you Alex? My vision blurred again as more time passes and I see no evidence of him.

"Come on Alex! Where are you!" I whispered quietly tasting the salty bitter taste of my tears. I am so relieved that I was able to put my precious baby back to sleep. Her being awake and crying would only intensify my anxiety at this time. Looking down at her oblivious innocent sweet face, I feel a stab of envy at how unaware she is of the danger she currently is in. Due to the the sound proof barrier, I could not hear the banging of the tools on the panic room's door that I can clearly see on the screens. One of four men, a much smaller one in frame compared to the others were working furiously on the panic room's door. After placing a small device on it, he began punching on the keys of the pad.

Sitting in front of the monitors in a stainless steel chair, I shook and trembled in fear as I looked on at the screens silently begging for Alex to come and fix this problem. I hate this shit. I hate having to relay on a man for everything. There is nothing shitter then feeling weak and helpless. Grabbing the emergency phone up again with my free hand that wasn't clutching onto Olivia, I dialed Alex again.

"Schätzchen! What's wrong!" Alex's deep accent demanded over the phone.

"Hmm Let's see...I don't know...maybe there is six fucking men in our home trying to kill the baby and I! Alex where are you?? It's been ten minutes since I first called you. Please please come! A-Alex! They are trying to get in!" I cried out in a weak shaky voice that I fucking hated.

A deep sigh floated out the receiver and into my ear. "Eve, listen to me baby. They are not going to get in there okay? I am coming as fast as I can. You are safe baby I promise. Now I want you keep watching the monitors. Okay beautiful? You will see me come in and when I do, I will make sure I kill every single fuck that is inside of our home. And I am going to take you and our little girl somewhere safe afterwards. Stay on the phone with me baby okay? I will be there in five minutes." He crooned out into my ear.

"O-okay." I sniffled out. I listen to him curse and grumble for the next few minutes. Strangely I feel safer with him breathing and cursing traffic in my ear.
It made me feel as if he was here with me and not across town trying to hurry home to save me from blood thirsty hitmen.

"What is my butterbean doing at this moment Schätzchen?" Alex asked.

"S-she is sleeping. She woke up crying when I grabbed her and with all the noise being made but she fell back to sleep as soon as we were closed in the room." I whisper out.

"Good good." He grumbled out. I glanced at the monitors as I heard Alex greet the door man in the background. Relief flooded through me as I seen him on the screen. He chatted and smiled as he talked to the doorman and receptionist like he didn't have hitmen running around in his pent house upstairs.

An attractive black tall muscular man walked silently by Alex's side. Jason posted up beside Alex scowling as he scanned his surroundings. I never had the opportunity to meet Jason in person properly. Back when Alex and I was dating he made sure to keep me away from his dangerous lifestyle and before I could be introduced to Jason Alex was arrested. The only time I exchanged words with Jason was over the phone and after the court session briefly when Alex was sentenced to prison.