Game Players

With the resignation of Kyungsoo's vice president, he found himself working with the secretary that was all too happy to rise in ranks within the student body government, but the president himself was quick to gently, yet viciously become the kill joy. After all the weeks of having to deal with the work loaded onto him, Kyungsoo was unrelenting in handing down assignment after assignment to his new vice president, finally glad that his last had croaked out on her term and finally left.

There were many things to handle considering the upcoming trip that weekend, which Kyungsoo had no intention of enjoying whatsoever, but one of the most daunting task at hand on his ever changing schedule was the dealing of the weekly student and staff complaints. In no universe could the president find a reason as to why people were continually inserting the most ridiculous and downright shitty complaints about things beyond his power to ever fix.

In the black box that was neatly placed in the front office were ten write ups concerning student versus student disputes. These were the complaints that Kyungsoo begrudgingly dealt with, approaching the school counselor himself and having the royal job of presenting the students that needed to be called in for counseling. Despite how troublesome the bitch fights were, they were the easiest and most frequent to deal with.

At times, complaints about the school facility would be made. That particular week, Kyungsoo received fifteen papers that all spouted hate against the lonesome broken water fountain up on the third floor. There wasn't much the president could do about broken utilities other than inform the principal and perhaps the custodian, but he essentially had no other choice than to leave everyone else at their misery—not that he gave too much of a damn.

It wasn't only the students dropping in complaints, but teachers and school facilitators as well, and that's how Kyungsoo became landed with dealing with the transfer soccer star who didn't seem to give a flying fuck to the moon and back about all the suggestions and warnings he had been given prior. In all honesty, Kyungsoo had no mind to deal with a stubborn Jongin and his persistency to use the school's soccer field despite knowing how the school administration had been continuously asking him to limit his use for the sake of the entire team wearing out the grass with their cleats and hindering the custodian from activating the sprinklers and fulfilling their job.

If there was a thing that Kyungsoo hated in the world, it was the stubbornness of others. He found fault in himself, a fact that he didn't dare deny for the sake of his own sanity, but when it came to others, he loathed the trait as harshly and as brutally as he hated liars. The president didn't enjoy referring to himself as a hypocrite by being one thing, yet hating others of his kind, but rather, he saw himself as a guide and protector whose job it was to sway others from the path he currently trudged on. At least, that's how he slept at night.

There was one thing on Kyungsoo's mind as he traveled down the stairs and headed to the soccer field after school and it was that thought of going home and cocooning himself in his bed sheets before calling Baekhyun to talk about the weekend. Although he dressed lightly in general, Kyungsoo couldn't help but feel burdened wherever he walked, bound by the responsibilities he felt obligated to take, but had no desire to hold. Home and Baekhyun were the only depressors he had, keeping him on his feet during that day as the promise of the two awaited him once all tasks and their objectives had been finished.

-

-

The moment Kyungsoo slipped his presence on the field, he commenced his act as the harmless student body president that everyone knew and claimed to admire, acting as though he was waving a white flag innocently as he approached the dark haired soccer captain who was directed by a mate pointing in the president's direction. Even at such a fair and far distance, Kyungsoo could see that the captain was less than amused to see him stomping the field. As if with the objective to cut their meeting short, Jongin quickly strode over, meeting Kyungsoo more than three-fourths of the way, inducing their meeting faster than if he had stayed where he was and left Kyungsoo to do all the work.