41

"Run, Run, run again. I can't help it. This is all I do anyway..."

~Run-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He heard Hana shriek. It wasn't quite a scream, at least not what he normally thought of when it came to screams, it was quick, short, high-pitched, but it almost sounded like her voice broke in the middle, which was about what he would have expected, given he'd only heard her scream once. But this wasn't the same, this wasn't because she was in pain, it was...something else... Maybe fear, maybe shock, maybe something else.

Taehyung was on the ground, just holding his cheek, looking up at Yoongi. It hurts, it hurts, it feels like I'm not here, but it hurts. He'd hit him so hard it felt like he'd knocked his teeth loose, like it was a step down from dislocating his jaw. He was surprised he hadn't lost any teeth.

Yoongi looked down at him, nose scrunched up in disdain and annoyance, but Taehyung wasn't sure what exactly had set him off, what it was about asking him to stop that made him so angry. Why does that make you so angry?

Jimin's eyes widened, and he tried to lunge at Yoongi, but by then, the other teenagers outside had gathered around, watching, anticipating, and they were more then happy for a fight, keeping Jimin back. Though it took quite a few to successfully do so.

Jungkook looked to be quite literally speechless, neither speaking or moving, though it looked like he wanted to say something, that he wanted to do something, he didn't move a muscle. Too much in shock, it had happened too quick.

Yoongi pulled Taehyung up by the collar. "Pumpkin head, you piss me off, you're going to tell me to stop, and then just let me beat you up, huh? Why the hell are you so naïve? Why the hell are you such a whiny pushover? You're just going to pick a fight and sit there and Take it?!  You spineless, weak, crazy little b*tch..."

Taehyung avoided looking directly at Yoongi, instead, focusing on his grip on his collar, trying to pull away from it. It felt like he was choking, like he couldn't breathe, he could, but everything felt so close, and like he was surrounded, like... a white room. A box.

By now, his classmates were rhythmically chanting, "Fight, fight, fight, fight."

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to... I shouldn't do anything, I should just let it happen. If I do something, what will the doctor think? It'll give everyone one more reason.

"What?! No, don't fight! That's not going to solve it!" Jungkook said, waking from his daze, and pushing people out of the way to get to Taehyung.

They pushed back, and he didn't get far. I'm by myself, aren't I? No one can help...? Taehyung took a second, looking at Jimin, who was swearing and yelling and pushing at people to get out of his way. At Jungkook, who was getting in a separate fight with someone else, Taehyung looking in time to see him get punched in the solar plexus. At Hana, who made eye-contact with Taehyung, her hand over her mouth, and eyes glossy with tears that hadn't spilled over until he looked. At Kyung-mi, who was sitting where Yoongi had pushed her still, in a daze almost. The Gym teacher was nowhere to be seen, and there was no telling when he'd show up. I'm alone in this fight...

"I...I don't want to fight, Yoongi..." Taehyung said, trying to meet Yoongi's cold eyes long enough to let him know how serious he was about that. Please, Yoongi...

Yoongi squinted, "You'll get beat then, Pumpkin head, I don't give a sh*t."

Yoongi punched him in the face again, releasing his collar at the same time, knocking him to the grass again.