14

"I'm gonna go to California with her." I said to Ray. She sat up looking disappointed. It was hard to say it but I had to leave. I had thought on it for a whole week.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Definitely." I stated getting out of bed. She got up too and put on her clothes.

"I better go then. You gotta pack and all that. I'll see you when you come say bye to Ken I guess." She left without giving me the chance to stop her. I looked in the mirror observing all the love bites she left on me.

Did I really want to leave? No.

Do I have to leave? Yes.

I showered then called my mom.

"Hello" She answered sounding wide awake.

"I made up my mind. I'm going to California with you." I proclaimed.

"I'm glad. I'll send someone for all your clothes. Where should I get you from?" She asked.

"I'll text the address. I'll be at my friend's house." We said our goodbyes and I got to packing. Folding and stuffing all of my clothes into boxes. I had a ton of clothes when I put Aj's with mine.

I had about 6 boxes full and taped shut when the person got to my house. They took my boxes to a car and drove off. I got my bookbag and essentials and left, locking up the house.

I went to see Boss first. I knew he wouldn't be happy. I found him in the kitchen helping package some stuff.

"Yo Boss. I gotta talk to you." I stated. He looked at me and noticed I was serious. We went down to his office and sat down. I took out my gun and phone and sat it on the desk.

"What is this?" He asked. I think he knew already.

"I'm moving to Cali so I'm quitting." I proclaimed.

"Ain't no quitting youngin. Take this piece of paper. When you get to Cali, call them and he'll set you up with a job there. If you don't call, they'll find you. I promise." He explained sliding a paper across the table.

I swallowed my fear and took the paper. I left without any questions or final statements. I really hoped I would be safe in Cali. Let's hope that actually happens.

I went to Ken's house and knocked on the door. She answered it with her ps4 controller in hand. She let me in and went back to her game.

"You out the game?" She asked without looking at me. "Why you got yo bag?"

I sat down and sighed. She paused her game and looked at me.

"I'm moving to California with my mom." I said avoiding eye contact. It got so silent.

"Where? With who?!" She asked sounding shocked.

"My mom... I met her yesterday. I'm moving with her." I said quietly.

"Jalea.. Are you serious? You know I rarely get emotional and I'm about to cry right now. You barely know her J! How you just gon up and leave like this?" I looked up at her holding back my tears. She really knew how to make a situation hard.

"I gotta get out of here somehow. You need to do the same. Come with me." I said in anticipation.

"I can't do that.. When are you leaving?" She asked wiping her tears.

"Today. In like 20 minutes." I said ignoring the knot in my throat. She stood up and shook her head.

"Give me a hug man." I stood up and hugged her. I was really about to be bawling on this floor. Ken never been this way about anything. Ever.

"I'll visit one of these days bro. Don't go and forget about who was there." She said as we pulled away.

"Won't let it happen. I'm gonna go say bye to Ray." I said. She nodded and sat back down. I sighed and went up to Ray's room. She was sitting on the bed with her headphones on and her eyes shut.

I walked in and tapped her shoulder. She jumped, I must've scared her. She turned her music off and got up.

"You're about to leave?" She asked.

"Yeah I am. Pretty soon. Sucks that you two aren't going but hey, we weren't serious anyways." I said trying to make light of the situation.

"Okay true. But that doesn't change the fact that I have feelings for you. I want to be there for you and shit. I guess things don't always work out do they?" She asked sitting back down.

"Nah I guess not." I said looking at the floor. She grabbed my hand and pulled me between her legs.

"I'm gonna miss you. Don't get with anyone that might make you feel like you aren't worth it. Because you're worth everything. I l-.. I just want to make sure you stay safe." She said looking into my eyes. I leaned down and kissed her. I knew I was about to miss both of them like hell.

My phone rang with my mom's number on the screen. Ray looked at my phone disappointed.

"Bye Suriya."

"Later J." I left her room and answered the phone.

"Hello." I answered with a shaky voice.

"I'm outside." She responded.

"Alright." I hung up and gave one last hug to Ken. She handed me a plastic bag and told me not to open it until I was gone. We said our final goodbyes and I went out to my mom's car.

I got in and put my bag in the backseat.

"Are you okay?" She asked while driving to the airport.

"Not at all." I said busting out in tears.

Leave feedback for another update. Thanks for showing love and reading.