Chapter 25

I felt pretty messed up when we got back to Harry's house after picking up the twins. I hadn't said a word since I got the text, and I don't know how well Harry actually knew me, but he had figured out something was wrong. Maybe it was so obvious that anybody would've noticed it. Ben was home, so the twins ran inside the house to meet their father. Harry, on the other hand, waited for the door to shut behind the twins before turning to me. I leaned against my car, looking down at my old converse. Harry came closer, placing his hands on my shoulders.

“What's wrong?” he sighed. I understood that he started to get tired of my mood changes, I was too. But I just couldn't help it. I guess I have to try harder. I kept looking down, until he placed a finger under my chin and lifted my head up, so I could face him. I didn't say anything, just wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“Nothing's wrong,” I said, even though I knew it was no use after acting like this. He didn't answer, just waited for me to explain.

“You won't buy that, will you?” I asked and looked up at him.

“No, I know you're lying,” he said and stroke my arms before placing his hands on top of mine, that were currently wrapped around his waist.

“It's another text. Right?” I sighed. I hated it when he was right. At least in this case.

“I don't know what to do. All I know is that I can't be alone right now. I don't dare to be alone, Harry.”

“You don't have to! I'm here for you, don't you understand that?” He gave me a smile, and hugged me again.

“I know. And you have no idea how much that means to me. I'm just worried that you'll get tired of me. I don't want to be a burden for you.” He cupped my cheeks and forced me to look at him.

“I'll never get tired of you, Amber. What part of “I fell for you” don't you understand? Amber, can't you see that I...” he stopped talking, almost as if he was saying too much. He just looked me deeply in the eyes.

“That I love you?” he finished.

It felt like I lost my tongue. I couldn't speak. Couldn't move. Couldn't think. I was just lost, lost in his eyes. He loved me?

“Really?” was all I could say after a silence that Harry seemed to think was too long.

“Yes. Really.” The words they felt so...so...big. I could see how nervous Harry started to get, probably wondering if I wasn't feeling the same way since I didn't say anything. He looked down too, biting his bottom lip. Without realizing it, I spilled out:

“I love you too.”

The kiss we shared after that felt even more beautiful than our previous ones. It was for real now, it was confirmed. I can't believe it, but I've finally found somebody I love. And loves me back. Like always, it happened so fast. It seemed like everything that had to do with Harry happened so fast, we became friends incredible fast, and here we are now, telling that we love each other. That's insane! But I just hope that our love won't end just as fast. Harry opened his eyes after the kiss and reminded me of my fear by saying:

“I'll go and pack.”

“It's just for one more night, dad's coming tomorrow. Apparently, he's going to take a flight tomorrow instead, something went wrong today,” I said as we entered my flat. And just like the last time, I went to my best buddies, well almost, and gave them some food. Bryan and Luke came up to the surface and ate the small flakes.

“It's okay. I don't mind it, I like staying here with you,” Harry said as he dropped his bag on the floor. I turned away from my goldfishes and walked towards him. I had to stand on my toes so I could wrap my arms around his neck while he placed his around my waist.

“Thank you,” I said and gently pecked his lips.

When I got back after brushing my teeth, Harry had already taken his place in the bed. I guess the sofa wasn't even an option anymore. He just kept looking up in the roof, even though I lifted the duvet and joined him.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked him. That's when he looked at me, and searched for my hand under the duvet. He intertwined our fingers when he found it.

“How wonderful life is right now.” I smiled.

“Feel free to expand that answer.” He though about it for a moment.

“How happy I am that we've met. How happy I am that I'm the one that gets to spend this moment with you. How happy I am that my whole family absolutely adores you, almost as much as I do. You know, I'm just enjoying life right now.” he said and made his way closer to me and kissed my cheek. I smiled back, feeling overwhelmed by his words. I didn't know what to say, so I just placed my lips on top of his.

“I love you,” I whispered. It felt so unreal to actually say that to him. It's like my inner fantasies and thoughts finally came out. He smiled and I poked his dimple, causing him to laugh a small and quiet laugh.

“I love you too.”

“Marimba” started to play. It was my alarm tone. Harry actually woke up this time, grabbing my phone to turn the alarm off.

“I. Hate. Marimba,” he said in what sounded like a robot voice and putted the phone back. He rubbed his eyes before looking at me. I was actually very tired today, more than usual. It was a challenge to open my eyes, but I tried my hardest. My brain only let me open one eye though, but it was enough for me. Just as long as I could see him.

“Now who's the sleepyhead?” he asked with a grin.

“It's still you” I mumbled, and tried to stretch out my arms.

“Yeah, you're probably right,” he said and dived in under the duvet. He disappeared, but I was so tired that I had to close my eyes, not even caring about what he was going to do. I started to drift of again when Harry grabbed my waist under the duvet, and started to tickle me. I think I've forgotten to mention that I'm probably the most ticklish person ever walking on this earth, so his actions made both of my eyes open immediately and my mouth started to scream.

“Harry!” I laughed and started to kick with my legs. I don't know how many times I begged him to stop and how many times I screamed until I manged to place my hands under the duvet and grab his wrists and pull them away from me. I let out a big sigh. He finally came back up with a playful smile on his face.

“So, that's how to wake you up.”

“If you want to wake me up during torture, then yes!”

Harry had his car at my place this time, so he could drive himself home when the school finished for the day. I could handle to be alone the few hours until my dad came. I hoped. So that's why we drove to school in a car each, he drove his big Range rover, I drove my small Volvo. I saw in the review mirror that he was right behind me in his big vehicle. I couldn't help but giggle when he waved at me with a big smile, showing all his perfect teeth.

We entered the school parking lot, Harry parking next to me. I turned of the engine and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat, when my phone buzzed. It was probably my father, making sure everything went according to plan. But it wasn't.

- Separated cars! Trouble in paradise?

I swallowed hard, trying not to cry because of him again. I can't believe I let myself waste tears on that bastard! He wasn't worth it, he shouldn't be able to get to me like that. I jumped slightly when Harry opened my door.

“Are you coming?” he asked. I nodded and swiftly putted my phone back into the bag and stepped out of the car. I quickly grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers, squeezing gently. I couldn't handle this anymore, it's pretty early in the morning and I'm already being watched. Will I ever get my old life back?

Please Vote and Comment ;)