Empowerment Of The Home

^outfit

***

"I thought I told you no harm was to be done to her." Dante said menacingly, clenching and unclenching his fists.

That glare would leave anyone frightened for days.

"Sorry boss, you said to catch her by all means so I thought-" he was cut off by the intensification of his boss's glare, making him gulp loudly."I'm sorry,sir. I wasn't thinking."

"Damn right you weren't-"
"It's okay-"

We both say at the same time, making up look at each other.

He looks me over and his gaze stops at my injured knee and at the old cast.

"Wherever there's trouble, I find you." He whispered only for me to hear

The man that was here just a minute ago was retreating towards a familiar black car, not too far from us.

I longly look after him, not wanting to be left alone with Dante.

"We need to talk"

Obviously.

But I don't want to.

"But not here. Let's get you to the hote-"

"Home. Take me home." I interrupt him a little too quickly, a little fear into my tone

He obviously picked up on it, but just nodded, rolling his eyes.

What? I feel safer in my own house and I seriously need to take a shower and change.

Leo comes by us again, giving me an excuse to get farther away from Dante, as he was so close that I could tell what toothpaste he used today.

I really didn't know what was going to happen or what I'm going to do from now on.

Everything's the unknown and untouched from here.

And that scared the crap out of me...

A little bit...

I was led to the same car I just saw driven home and I actually changed in leggings and an old grey sweater, but it all seemed like a dream sequence.

I was dazed and couldn't pay attention to anything. Everything was blank

When Dante cleared his throat and I saw both him and Leo looking expectantly at me, it all came back.

I came back.

And I started to panic, obviously.

They must've asked me something.

After getting no response, Leo tried again.

"Dante asked you if your leg it's ok"

"Oh, my leg. My leg is fine, just a scratch, nothing serious" I laugh awkwardly, changing my position on my armchair.

"Now.. Care to explain yourself?"

Leo looked with a pointed look at his boss, making it seem like he didn't approve of his straight forward ways.

"Well... Thanks to someone we both know" I say, especially looking at Leo "you know what happened and all. And some things you shouldn't know." I add, suddenly remembering that I pretty much confessed my feelings for him in that recording, making me blush in embarrassment.

"Why did you run"

"Because you chased, I guess"

"Don't 'I guess' me" he said angrily, clenching a fist.

"Sorry boss ,won't happen again" I mockingly say, shifting again. "You aren't exactly the safest person I know or the sanest, so I guess I didn't want to get involved." I spitefully use the words he told me not to, making an 'oops' face immediately after the words left my mouth, to annoy him.

Mature, I know.

"And did it feel good watching me try to find you?" He bitterly asked , looking disappointed.

"I never intended to make you feel like I was laughing at you. I just... Tried to detour you I think. I don't even know. Sorry. "

After apologising sincerely, I felt better about myself, even though a little guilt still was there.

He was silent after that.

No other word.

3 minutes.

5 minutes.

10 minutes and I was already feeling extremely out of place.

I made eye contact with Leo and he just rose his shoulders, shaking his head

"Um... What is going to happen now?"

"I don't know either..... Yet" he said, still deep in thought.

"Can I... Get a cup of tea and you tell me when you know?" I try, pointing towards the door with my thumb.

The look he gave me showed clearly that he didn't trust me yet

"I won't run, don't worry".

He pinned me down with a glare, then nodded and flicked his hand towards the door dismissively.

I jumped out of my seat, not being able to deal with him anymore.

What now?