Chapter Five: A Case! Finally!

"What." I breathed. Bobby is silent, and Krissy raises an eyebrow in curiosity. I try to clear the shit-storm that has blown up my train of thought. "Wh-What did she say?"

"I-I just finished sending Sam the research that he had asked for, and my notification sound beeped. So I open it up and it's a blank sending address. Well, I don't touch it. It could be a freakin' virus and I didn't want to clean up that mess! Five minutes later, my notification goes off again. This time the subject bar, with no sending address, says: Don't ignore me sweet Cassidy." I clench my jaw as she explains.

"So I start to freak the heck out, I lay a ring of salt around the desk and get the shotgun from the closet. But I wasn't sure to open it or not. I finally decide that it would be important to open it, but I paint a devil's trap on the floor behind the desk and place the laptop down in it." Krissy raised her eyebrow again. "Hey, I don't know if demons can travel through a computer! I wasn't taking any risks!" She turns back to me, "So anyways, I click open with a ruler, from the safety of my salt circle. Thankfully no demons come screaming out of the screen but I kind of wish it had. I printed the screenshot out and shut down my computer. It just freaked me out."

"Do you have the page?" I ask her. She nods and walks into the den. We follow her in and I can't help but smirk at the thick ring of salt surrounding the desk area by the fireplace. She picks up a page from the stacks of books and newspaper clippings.

"Here," She hands me the page. Like she described, the sending address was blank, the subject read: Don't ignore me sweet Cassidy, and it sent chills down my spine.

"Thanks Cass," I look down and start to read.

Hello sweet Cassidy,
You don't know me, well not personally, but I'm sure your family has mentioned my name once or twice, and your sister and I aren't exactly on nice terms. My name is Lily and I want to clue you in on a little secret.

I have had my eye on you for some time dear, and since Rachel decided to... eliminate my angel, I think the score needs to be settled.

I clench my fists, straining the white paper.

I haven't decided on how or when, but I will finish what Evangeline started.

Tell the princess hello.

See you soon.

-Lily

I stare at the page, rereading the words a million times. I snap my attention to Cassidy. Staring her in the eye I state, "As long as I'm around nothing bad is going to happen to you." I turn to Bobby, "What can we do?" Before he can answer, I turn back to Cassidy, "Did you call the guys?" She nods.

"Well she ain't leavin' this house. Not unless you have two of us with you." Bobby states turning to Cass.

"Yes, and trust me, I'm not looking for a reason to go." She stares at Krissy. "Sorry, who are you?"

"Krissy Chambers, a friend." She says with a half wave. Cassidy gives an apprehensive nod.

"How far out are the guys?" I ask Cass.

"Sam said they'll be here sometime tomorrow" I nod. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

----------------------------
"Well that's just great." Dean states with a smug, pissed off expression. Sam and Cas are both deep in thought and Bentley just looked exhausted. These poor men were as worn out as we were. "What now?"

"That's the grand question." I state, running a hand through my hair. "Looks like you're movin' into the panic room, Cass." I say to the younger girl, trying to lighten the mood. She simply looks at me conveying the mood of: You're not helping.