3

I whistle as I walk down the hall. I pressed my hands into my pockets. The satisfying click of my heels hit the ground as I passed by fellow students.

"Look at you, Fawkes. You're becoming like Prongs!" Padfoot's familiar voice called to me.

He caught up to me, hurriedly and clumsily, might I add, syncing his and my pace together. I tilted my head back, furrowing my eyebrows.

"How?" I said in disbelief.

"Strutting down these halls like you're the boss of this school. You're a better James than James," he teases.

He quietly chuckled and messed with my hair. I groan, pushing my hair away from my face.

"Not even.."

I looked at him. His face was flushed, and his hair was a bit ruffled. On his neck, a clear pink mark was appearing. I rolled my eyes, my heart hurting a little bit. I ignored it.

I pointed at his neck, and he looked at my finger. He immediately flushed with embarrassment and tried covering it with his robes.

"Who was it this time?" I wondered.

"No one.. Prongs just elbowed me on accident yesterday," he sheepishly replied.

"Remember, Padfoot. I know what a hickey looks like, too," I laugh half-heartedly.

"Fawkes.. it was no one," he reassured.

Liar.

"Why're you lying? It's not like I care that you do it. Just got to give me a heads up on who it is. They usually ask me to deliver their love letters to you," I explained.

"Ohhh... Well, honestly, I don't know her name," he responded in embarrassment.

I stared at him, disappointed. "Rude," I comment.

He didn't reply. We were at the entrance of the dining hall now. I decided to change the topic.

"Hey.. There's always this weird indent on the ground, and I always trip there on the way to the dining hall. I just never know where it is until my heel gets caught on it," I said.

"Really? What if you tripped right-"

I did.

I did trip right now.

The indent on the ground triggered my fall to the ground. I let out a grunt. My hands were rubbed a little raw when I broke my fall. My pantyhose ripped on my knees.

I groaned in annoyance, pushing myself to my knees. Sirius was laughing up a storm behind me. I frowned and turned to look at him.

"I'm a psychic, I swear!" he wheezed out.

I mocked him and helped myself up. I pat my clothing down and walked away from him. He followed me to our seats, still snickering.

He had a wide grin on his face. He looks so happy. Imagine being the reason for putting that cute smile on his face.. can relate.

I took my seat next to Lily, greeting her quietly. He sat down next to me, beaming adorably. I glance down, seeing his favorite food. I pressed a fork into it and raised it to his mouth.

"Stop laughing and eat your dumpling," I teased.

He let out another laugh before opening his mouth. I put my hand under the food and fork to stop it from dropping anywhere. I pushed it into his mouth, and his eyes formed into crescents.

He kept his hand over mine that held the fork. I softly let go of the fork, having him hold it instead. Turning away, I saw the delight in his eyes as he chewed.