I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (85)

When Josh finally left it was pretty much time for dinner.

Part of me just wanted to stay in Blake's arm until I died or something melodramatic like that, but another part of me, a much more reasonable one realized I had to get back home.

I had spent the night over at Blake's and I still hadn't been home all day long, and with all the moping around I had been doing I knew my father and brother were worried about me.

And anyway I was Blake's girlfriend now. I could pretty much resume the cuddling and kissing whenever I wanted. And even though I wanted to resume it the minute Josh left us alone, I also knew it be wiser not to. Plus, there was also the possibility of Kendal suddenly appearing again, because from what I understood she wasn't gone yet, so that was an encounter I could live without.

Luckily, Blake wasn't that keen on having me leave him right away, plus the whole not-having-any-means-of-transportation-to-get-back-home thing sort of meant he had to drive me home if I wanted to get there without walking.

"I don't want to let you go just yet" Blake pouted when he parked in front of my house.

I snorted. "Oh you're not leaving."

"I'm not?" A dazzling smile was on his face now.

"You're not," I answered and got out of the car. Blake followed suit, wrapping his hand around mine.

When I opened the door to get in, I was immediately face to face with Tyler. "You two are really going out together right?"

Well, hello, I'm fine, how are you? Greetings, ever heard of that?

"Yep," I answered, pulling Blake in the house and closing the door behind him.

"Damn it," my brother groaned, while dad walked out of the kitchen and towards us.

"In your face Tyler, in your face," he chanted, pointing at him. My father, the three year old.

"Hmm, dad, we have company," I informed him, pointing to Blake.

"So it seems," he said, all omniscient and then started back right at Tyler and pointed at him "HA!"

I turned to look at Blake and made a face. "Sorry about that."

"So, are you coming here to ask for my daughter's hand in marriage or you just wanted to render her senselessly drunk again to take advantage of her," dad suddenly asked. I almost chocked on my saliva.

Blake looked at me, his eyes bulging, like he seriously looked shocked. Truthfully, he looked like a deer frozen in front of a car headlight. I had a hard time settling between bursting with laughter because of his expression or reprimanding my father for being mean.

"I'm sorry I didn't... I'm not sure... I mean... I..." Blake opened and closed his mouth, trying to say something but not sure what to settle with. I had never seen Blake look for his words like that.

Dad shrugged. "It's fine, it's fine, if you'd rather live in sin who am I to judge." That one shocked Blake even more.

And that was out of line. "Dad," I groaned.

And of course my father burst laughing. "This is why I love having a daughter! I can't pull that kind of stunt with one of his girlfriends," he explained gesturing where Tyler had gone and he seemed like he wanted to roll his eyes at that comment. "Keep that one around for a while, I like his reactions."

I narrowed my eyes at my father "Sure thing dad."

He raised his hand beside him, in a peace gesture. "Don't look at me like that kid. Let your old man have some fun, I can never do that kind of thing around here."