𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. SOMETHING WICCA THIS WAY GOES

˖*°࿐chapter twenty four

˖chapter twenty four.
xxiv. SOMETHING WICCA THIS WAY GOES

———

"Kai," Janelle whispered in a rough tone.

Her mind was all over the place as she continued to cough uncontrollably from the smoke she was inhaling. Her eyes began to droop as her will to break the chains, and strength grew weaker.

There was a faint pounding coming from the door, but Janelle wasn't sure it was real, or not. It was like someone was trying to break in. Janelle swore she heard someone yell out her name, but once again she wasn't entirely sure.

The noise stopped for a second, and then the door was busted down to reveal Kai.

"Janelle," he said in relief, rushing in to get her, but his path was blocked. Kai used a spell to put out the fire and avoided stepping on the broken glass that was spread out all over the floor.

He unlocked Janelle's chains and pushed her body up. "Come on, Janelle. Wake up."

"Kai," she croaked, reaching out to grab his hand.

"Yeah," he assured her. "Yeah, it's me. I'm right here. Can you walk?"

She nodded, feeling the oxygen getting to her lungs, "Just get me out of here."

Kai urgently wrapped Janelle's arm loosely around his neck and got her onto her feet. He helped her get past the floor in the room, and the two of them made it out to the hallway.

"Your brothers are downstairs waiting," Kai told her.

Just as they were about to turn the corner, Davina appeared in front of them. "Motis."

Janelle flew out of Kai's grip, and she was thrown into the wall beside her, landing on a small table that broke underneath her.

Kai was at her side in an instant as Janelle groaned and rolled onto her back. "Janelle, are you okay?"

She felt something wet on her fingertips, and there was a sharp pain in her lower abdomen as she tried to sit up. Janelle knew it was blood, but the only problem was she didn't feel her wound healing.

"M-My baby," Janelle trembled as her hands shook in worry. "What did you do?!" she screamed, scrambling to get to Davina.

Damon heard his sister's voice just as he was extracting a werewolf's heart. He dropped his current task and flashed up the stairs. He stood behind Davina, and before she had the chance to turn around, Damon had already snapped her neck.

"Damon, she's bleeding," Kai told him, and Damon was quick to bite into his wrist.

Janelle clutched his arm and gulped down the blood. But the large cut on her stomach wasn't going away, and that made Damon panic. "Why isn't it working?"