26

It had been weeks later and all Camila could think about was soccer. After the day at the park with Lauren, Lauren had convinced Camila to join the school's soccer team. At first Camila refused, but as time went on, Lauren and Camila often went to the park and played soccer, Camila soon realized her true love and passion for the sport. She was always academically talented and knowledgeable. She could sing pretty well. But she would have never thought she was that talented when it came to a sport.

Camila signed up for the soccer team, and there was only one day left until try outs. She would be Pinocchio if she said she wasn't nervous.

Although Lauren had kept Camila active and competitive throughout the last couple weeks, she had doubts about making it into the team.

Finally, it was time for the try outs, and Camila nervously eyed all the other girls who were trying out. One blonde in particular, stood out to her. Maggie.

Camila looked up at Lauren who was on the bleachers, she had come to support Camila.

Lauren looked down and saw Maggie, then shot Camila a brief frown.

Camila however, was still beyond determined to get a spot on the team. Maggie wasn't going to try and take another thing away from her.

Camila fixed her yellow jersey and began to warm up. She kicked the ball back and forth to herself.

"Didn't know you were the sporty type," Maggie scoffed, walking over to Camila and stealing the ball.

"I didn't know you were capable of such things either," Camila chuckled, kicking the ball out from between Maggie's legs.

Maggie furrowed her eyebrows and attempted to steal the ball back, however Camila moved quickly enough to almost trip Maggie in the rush.

"Wow, you're surprisingly... Good?" Maggie said, sounding disappointed.

"You see Maggie,' Camila began. "This is kinda like a metaphor."

Maggie nodded for Camila to continue, as she was confused as ever.

"You want the ball, don't you?" Camila smirked, kicking the ball away once again as Maggie tried to take it.

"That's the objective of this game," Maggie agreed, nodding.

"Well you also want Lauren," Camila stated, she stopped and put her chin up.

"What's your point?" Maggie asked, not understanding what Camila was trying to say.

"Well you see, you want Lauren. You want the ball, but what do they both have in common? They're both unreachable for you, because they both stick to me," Camila chuckled, she continued to kick the ball around as Maggie attempted to get it.

"Lauren is an idiot. She could have me. I could give her everything she wants, but she goes for you instead! What do you have that I don't?" Maggie whined, looking up at the bleachers where Lauren watched her interaction with Camila.

"What do I have that you don't?" Camila asked, as if she couldn't believe that Maggie questioned it.

"That's ridiculous, we're completely different," Camila felt bad for noticing Maggie was feeling insecure.

"Maggie you're pretty, you're funny, you're fun to hang out with. Why don't you find someone who actually wants you too?" Camila suggested, finally passing the ball to Maggie.

"Because I love Lauren, I've loved her longer than you," Maggie angrily shouted, she kicked the ball away and stepped closer to Camila.

Camila had noticed Maggie's sudden change in character.

"Let's go ladies! We're starting!" The coach shouted from across the field. Everyone waited for Camila and Maggie to join the circle.

"You better fucking watch your back Cabello," Maggie spat on the ground and jogged over to where everyone else was.

Camila looked up at Lauren who looked worried.

She gave her a thumbs up and joined everyone else.

"Since we only have 2 weeks until our big game, you have to pull out your A game today. I will be choosing the team tomorrow, show me what you got. I hate being disappointed," the coach shouted, the tall man stood in the middle of the circle.

"Yes coach!" Everyone shouted in unison.

"Perfect. Now I'm going to test your abilities by starting off with a game, is everyone sure of the rules in the game?" The coach asked, Camila looked up at saw Maggie intensely staring at her.

"If you're unsure, you can always come to me and ask, okay ladies, if you're wearing the yellow jersey please go on that side," the coach pointed towards the left side of the field.

"If you're wearing blue, proceed to the opposite side!" He finished, walking over to the bleachers and sitting down.

Soon the game had begun and Camila was doing great. She stole the ball quite often and had gotten many goals.

"Cabello! Over here!" The coach shouted from the bleachers. Camila jogged over to him while looking up and blowing a kiss to Lauren.

"Camila, I'm impressed," the man smirked, "the position for captain is open, and it would be awesome if you took it. You're a hard worker and you seem to know what you're doing," the man asked.

"That would be really nice coach, of course," she answered with a smile. But inside she was celebrating.

"Fantastic! You can return to the field now," the man said, causing Camila to jog back into the game.

As Camila made her way back, she hadn't noticed the ball that was twirling towards her. Camila quickly jumped aside and raised her leg up in the air, causing the ball to drop.

She kicked the ball past the blue team's defense, just as she was about to take a shot, the ball had disappeared from her sight. She turned around and watched as Maggie drifted through the field dodging everyone on Camila's team. She kicked the ball in and got a goal.

The blonde then turned around and winked at Camila as all of her team mates congratulated her for her achievement.

Camila spat on the ground, "beginner's luck."

_____

Try outs had gone pretty well, but Camila was afraid that if Maggie made it onto the team she would have a lot of problems with the blonde.

"What are you thinking about babe?" Lauren asked, she kept her eyes on the road and her left hand on the steering wheel, however her right hand was locked in Camila's.

"Nothing, I'm just tired," Camila sighed, looking out the window at the rain that poured.

"How about you spend the night at my house? We can watch The Notebook," Lauren offered, knowing damn well that Camila was a sucker for romantic movies.

"Yes!" Camila shouted happily, she leaned in and pecked Lauren's cheek.

_____

A/N: short ass update but hey at least I updated! Sorry omg I didn't update since the beginning of January, I had a lot of stuff on my plate. But I promise the updates will come a lot faster and there will be another update this week. Thank you for your patience and support, love you guys.