Chapter 11.

Unfortunately, to Madam Pomfrey's orders, I have to stay in the infirmary the entire day. I mainly lie there and complain the whole time. I'm perfectly fine, why can't I go to my classes?

After the final period of classes, people fill up the hallways. My mood continues to downfall as my jealousy rises. I don't need to be babied by some stupid nurse.

"Alice!" A voice says loudly, in the doorway of the infirmary.

I look to see Tabitha race in. Behind her is Draco, Emmerich, Crabbe and Goyle. They all have looks of worry stitched on their faces.

Tabitha runs to my side and gives me a big hug. I try to restrain myself, but I can't. I shove her off of me, causing her to nearly trip. She looks to me, hurt, but I avoid eye-contact.

"She's been in a foul mood, all day." Madam Pomfrey assures Tabitha.

Crabbe, Goyle and Draco snicker at Tabitha's unhappy expression.

"Who wouldn't be, being cooped up in here all day," I fire back at the old woman.

Draco comes to my side and takes a seat. Crabbe and Goyle follow his lead, like always, and sit by my feet. Emmerich, like his usual awkward self, just stands beside Tabitha.

"What happened to you?" Draco asks, twirling my ring around on my hand.

I nearly flinch at his touch, scared that it'll have the same effect it did in my dream. He doesn't seem to notice the temperature in my body drop.

"I don't really know. The last thing I remember is going to bed," I admit, but decide against telling them about the dream. That would just cause all sort of unnecessary problems.

"Yeah, well you scared all of us half to death," Tabitha mumbles.

"I'm so terribly sorry," I say, sarcastically. I can't help but to glare at her.

She lets out a loud, "Humph," and storms out of the room.

"Look who's been modeling herself after Granger," I joke and everyone, but Emmerich, laughs.

We hear footsteps enter the infirmary after Tabitha goes out of sight.

"Poppy, you wanted to see me?" Snape quickly enters through the doors.

The laughter is stopped short. Snape sees me and I see worry dance across his face, for only a tenth of a second.

"As you can see, I have one of your very irritable students," Madam Pomfrey says, crossing her arms," She seems to have had some sort of stress-induced coma. It's a mystery to me, to be honest." She explains.

"Then, she should have no visitors," Snape says, turning to Crabbe, Goyle and Emmerich.

They quickly make their way out of the room, not wanting to be on Snape's bad side. Draco stays in place, continuing to hold my left hand.

"Draco, that means you too," Snape says, sternly.

"You've got to be joking..." Draco objects. He drops my hand in outrage.

"Ms. Rhowen is obviously under an immense amount of stress and needs to rest up," Snape says, looking to me.

Draco grumbles something under his breath, but slowly gets up and exits the infirmary. Snape keeps his eyes on me, looking almost suspicious. He looks over his shoulder to Madam Pomfrey, busy with something.

"If you are so stressed that it will keeps you away from your... duties, then you better do everything Madam Pomfrey says." Snape warns me, speaking quietly.