Chapter 49

the weeknd does things to me

the lyrics below r from loft music by the weeknd if u are wonderin

-

get your mind in a dream world
what you doin in the bathroom
i hear noises in the bathroom
baby it's okay
we can do it in the living room

-

"Sam saved your life." Denise told Amber who finally woke up.

She stared blankly at me before looking to Rick who was standing beside her bed.

"We gave up on you, but she didn't." Denise continued.

I didn't expect a 'thank you' or anything, and frankly, I didn't care.

"Are you going back?" Amber asked Rick.

He shrugged his shoulders and she wrapped her hand around his.

-

"I'm sorry I was such a bitch to you. Thank you for saving my life." Amber stated.

"I did it because Rick loves and cares for you, and the other reason is because I hope you can change." I replied.

"He doesn't love me." She replied.

"Yeah he does." I replied.

"No, he loves you." She replied, her voice actually soft for once

"If he did we'd still be together." I stated.

"Tell him how you feel. I know he loves you." She replied.

"But don't you love him?" I asked.

"No. My husband died before I came here. My heart is still with him. I guess- I guess that's why I've been such a bitch. I've held everything in for so long, and I've tried getting over him for so long." She replied.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

-

"You need to slow down. You had a lot of blood taken out of you." Rick stated, his hand wrapping around my arm.

"I can't believe you left her for the damn beach." I stated, walking up the steps of the beach house.

"What was I supposed to do? Sit and feed her all day? We're not even together anymore. It doesn't even matter." He replied.

"Yay! You're back!" Tara exclaimed once we walked through the door.

"They're all okay." I mumbled.

"You won't believe what she did." Carol stated as I walked to mine and Rick's room.

I sat down on the bed, watching Rick and Tara walk in behind me.

"You saved her life?" Tara asked.

"It's not a big deal." I mumbled.

"Hell it isn't! That takes strength, and it shows how good of a person you are deep down. Anyone else would've threw her out the window and say 'bye bitch', but you didn't. You gave your own blood, you gave her CPR, and you stopped the bleeding. You saved her, and now I don't know if you're either crazy, or we're all cold hearted." She replied.

"I'm crazy." I mumbled.

-

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked, walking beside Rick who was walking along the shore.

"I didn't even think of saving her. It didn't even come across my mind until I heard you screaming at Denise. I just accepted that she was dead." He mumbled, continuing to look at the sand.

"What's so bad about that?" I inquired.

"I never loved her. I tried so hard to make it work, to make myself love her but I just couldn't. I cared more about you getting weak than her needing blood to live." He explained.

My heart fluttered as what he said registered in my brain.

"I tried so hard to get over you, and I failed. You were the first thing I thought about when I woke up, and the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep. When I was kissing her, I was thinking about you. I thought about you every damn second of the day." He continued.

I bit my lip, trying not to let my feelings overpower what I needed to do.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I know you're done, you don't want to try this again, and I don't blame you. I need to be by myself for a while, and just focus on Judith and Carl." He explained.

I nodded, nearly stepping on a piece of broken glass.

"I don't think this place is vacant. We can't be the only people to think about this place. There's gotta be people somewhere." I mumbled.

"True." He replied.

"Well, I'm gonna head back. I'm still pretty weak from all that blood loss." I replied.

"Do you think Amber will change?" He inquired.

"I think so. She actually wasn't a bitch to me yesterday." I mumbled.

"I might give her another chance, I don't know. See? I don't know what I want." He replied.

"Try it. See what happens. Who knows, you might be married to her in six months." I replied, joking.

"Why do you keep encouraging me to move on?" He asked.

"Because I'm trying to." I mumbled.

-

"I'm gonna head back to Alexandria." I announced.

"Me too." Rick added.

"I'm gonna stay." Carl replied.

"Y'all can come back whenever you want. We'll keep it under control." I laughed.

"I see how it is, party poopers." Tara replied.

-

I got out of the truck before getting Judith out of the backseat.

"Back so soon?" Aaron asked.

"I missed home." I replied.

"We missed you guys. Do you know how hard it is to run this place alone?" Aaron asked.

I laughed, walking down the street to my house.

"Mind if we still stay here? In the guest room?" Rick asked, following me.

"I don't care." I replied, setting Judith down and letting her run once we were in the house.

_______________

sucky updateee

NEXT CHAPTER GON BE FEELSY I HOPE

LOVE YAAA