Chapter 33

Chapter 33

This is not happening; this can't be happening. He cannot be here. I paced around my room repeating that over and over again. It is currently 2:30 in the morning and I am still wide wondering how this could have happened. Is it too much to wish it was a coincidence- of course it wasn't and I knew exactly who was behind this. A. Unless he is A. I came to Hawaii to get away from all of this.

You know what, tomorrow I am going to confront him and find out exactly why he is here.

I sighed rubbing my sore eyes and climbed back into my bed, although I was wide awake I was still very exhausted and the jet lag wasn't helping either. I put in my headphones and flipped on my sleeping playlist, since the last time I did this I decided I was going to make a playlist of instrumental music since I didn't want my mind to go wild and start coming up with mad scenarios. Sooner or later I fell fast asleep.

***

"So are you here all by yourself?" My mother asked him due to my late night antics I was very tired this morning so when my mother woke me up for breakfast it fell on deaf ears causing me to fall back asleep. This then resulted in my mother asking Mr. Styles to join us for breakfast. As you can probably predict, I did not like this idea.

"Yes, there were two tickets but my girlfriend was busy." I could have sworn his eyes flickered to me when he said 'girlfriend'.

"Awh that's a shame." My mother cooed.

"It is but it kind of worked in my favour." He looked towards me and I suddenly felt sick, not sick as in be sick but a funny kind of sick. "I was able to cash in the other ticket and get one first class ticket." He said.

"So where did you get the tickets from?" I asked, trying not to sound inconspicuous.

"I won them. A few weeks ago I received a letter in the post saying I won them in a lucky postcode draw- I didn't even know I had been entered. Included were the two tickets. I couldn't believe my luck; I mean Hawaii is so beautiful." He explained. It is no wonder who sent them, I don't believe that postcode draw bullshit, it was A and I know it. However, if A wanted him here to torment me, why did they include two- one for him and one for Miss McKenzie? Surely he wouldn't be able to torment me if she was here. I doubt I would have actually seen him if she had come with him. It just doesn't make sense.

"How come you decided to come to Hawaii?" He asked my mother.

"Well after everything that had happened with Skylar, I decided it was time to take her on a break over Christmas." Suddenly the air changed, my mother bringing up the current situation didn't fit the calm and relaxed mood of a Hawaiian breakfast on the beach.

"That seems clever, have you found out what poisoned her yet?" Mr. Styles asked sounding genuinely concerned.

"No but we should get the results back real soon." My mother responded.

"What about Sky's father, where is he? If you don't mind me asking." I gave him a look that said 'you twat' and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"He is on business at the moment and couldn't make it." Said my mother, lying while shifting in her seat.

"Oh shame." He said but I could still see the little smirk shadowing his face.

"Yeah shame." I replied back.

Sadly, my mother- now knowing Mr. Styles was by himself- insisted that he spend the day with us for company she phrased it as: 'a way of repaying him for all that he has done for me', she also used this as an opportunity to ask him to that fucking dinner she was planning. So currently we are now laying on the beach.