epilogue

six months later

"does this dress look okay on me?" i ask for reassurance.

"you ask that when we get to the club?" sam snorts.

"i'm not drunk-" i start, but sam cuts me off.

"yet."

"i could still drive home and change." i finish my previous words.

"it's your birthday. you look sexy and sparkly." reagan says, motioning to my dress.

"you sure i won't blind anyone?" i joke and she smirks.

"you'll only blind the person who's on their knees in front of you tonight!" she squeals and i gasp.

"whatever!"

"you're going to get head tonight from a boy i find. i'll make sure of it." she tells me before grabbing my arm and dragging me inside of the club.

i enter and my first instinct is to run back out. it's dark and it smells horrible in there. like overpowering cologne, alcohol, and vomit. if you're epileptic, the club scenery isn't for you.

sam and the rest of the guys disappear for a moment, but then shortly return with beverages. sam hands as many as he can to reagan and i shouldn't pace her. i don't even know who the designated driver is.

"it's your birthday. you need to get fucked up!" reagan shouts over the loud club music. "i'm more tipsy than you are right now!"

i laugh at her because she's already drunk. after the many drinks sam had bought her. i kept my mouth quiet these past six months and he didn't neglect her once. i wish i had a relationship as nice as theirs.

"here, drink." johnson pretty much shoves a strong drink in my face.

"i'm get forcefully abused on my twenty first birthday." i smile, taking the offered drinks from sam and johnson.

i tilt my head back and squeeze my eyes shut tightly as the clear liquid smoothly travels down my throat first. then, onto the dark colored drink. it smells awfully familiar.

i think i remember jack drinking it once at his house. speaking of jack, i sort of moved on and i hope he didn't. i can't bare him with anyone else, but it's probably too late to go for him now.

six full months have passed and he's probably still as sexy and successful as ever. he doesn't need me anymore. if he did, he would've still be contacting me. either that or he's just given up.

it's my fault. all of this is my fault.

"no need to be sad, birthday girl." nate tries to cheer me up and he pinches my cheeks.

"i'm not!" i splutter, swatting his hand away from my face.

"you look either paranoid or confused in this crowded club." he teases.

"leave the poor girl alone!" sam yelling to nate, slinging his arm over my shoulders,

he was pretty much screaming in my ear. leaving a club on my twenty first, drunk and deaf. i laugh and he motions me to take a swig of his beer. they're trying to kill me.

"i hate being younger than all of you!" i tell the group and laughs erupt from their mouths.

some drunk and others not.

"this is like raising a little caterpillar. you've turned into a butterfly." johnson swoons and i narrow my eyes at him.

i then smile, "you're only a few months older than me!"