Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Winter's POV

    The nasty mean beasts slowly backed down and turned to bolt away. All four scents were gone, and Mr.Kormack ordered for them to hurry up and pack it all up. I helped and once it was cleared Mr.Kormack made me get in his Hummer. He got in and he placed his hand on my leg and rubbed circles as he drove.

    "Why did everything stop..." I said very quietly. He glanced at me and tapped the wheel.

    "Because Love...the type of wolf you are is very commanding. It can over power an alpha's orders no problem. It can even over power an Elder's order without a problem. Throughout the years less and less special wolves have been showing up meaning either they aren't repopulating." He said and I looked at him.

    "Or." 

    "They're being hunted." He said softly making me look at my hands and swallow. "Don't freak out Winter. I'm not going to allow anyone to hurt you. The pack that I run is one of the strongest in the world. Everything from tracking to cooking is taken seriously here. You live in a house with a family of beta wolves....second in command family. Parker is my beta." He said and I nodded.

    "Does Parker seem different to you? He's very off lately." I said and Mr.Kormack furrowed his eyebrows.

    "How so?" He said and I shook my head. "No come on." He said making me sigh.

    "It's just...hes distant. Granted I've known him two weeks but...it's like the girl he's with is poisoning his mind. Even Olly got mad at her today because she made a comment of me being sick. Not that it's a big deal but still.." I said and he nodded.

    "Anything else?" He said and I shrugged.

    "I mean he just seems very...unfriendly and bitter. Then when she comes around she seems very belligerent and confrontational. It's probably nothing." I said and he nodded but his jaw was set as he drove. He seemed very focused.. "Am I going to be in that much pain every day?" I asked making him glance at me before looking back to the road.