53

Tori

     "You're awake!" Tony exclaims to Steve and I. "It's a miracle."
     I snort. "It's a miracle that you're up before noon."
     Steve laughs, holding my hand tighter than he was before. Tony smiles at us.
     "My little babies are growing up so fast," Tony pretends to sob, wiping away a nonexistent tear. "Soon they'll be married and having their own babies-"
     "Okay, that's enough." I announce.
     "It's bound to happen soon," Tony sings.
     Steve and I both blush, thinking about our future. Children? Children? I've never thought about the topic before now. Do I want my own? If I do, will I be a good mother? And if I do, there is only one person that I will have them with - Steve.
     "Moving on," Tony booms. "Breakfast."
     Tony sets two plates of eggs and toast on the breakfast table. I brush back a strand of tousled hair and sit at the table. Steve pokes his eggs while I take a bite of my buttered toast. Once we finish our breakfasts and put our dirty plates in the dishwasher, Tony speaks again.
     "Alright you two, get dressed and meet me back here in twenty minutes." Tony says.

•••

     I scurry into the kitchen, panting in my black sweater and jeans. Tony and Steve chuckle at me. Steve wears jeans and a gray long sleeve shirt. Tony wears jeans and a black long sleeve shirt.
     "Right on time," Tony says. "Not a second off."
     I roll my eyes. "You two are practically twins," I grin, examining the two. 
     "Yeah right," Steve snorts.
     "So, what's the plan?" I ask Tony.
     "Well," Tony begins. "I was thinking that Tori could show us her ice stuff, then we go get lunch, go to Central Park, and to end it off-"
     "We'll snuggle," I giggle. "Alright, Buddy the Elf, we'll do that."
     "And to end it off," Tony repeats, obviously annoyed. "We'll come back here and play a board game."
     "You sound like a child," I say.
     "That's because I am a man child," Tony responds. "Now let's g-"
     "Sir," J.A.R.V.I.S. interrupts. "You have a call."
     Tony looks like he is about to burst. "Who is it?" he asks between clenched teeth.
     "Director Fury, sir," the computer says.
     "Fine," Tony says. "Put him over the intercom."
     "Yes sir,"
     The computer puts the call over the intercom for the three of us to hear.
     "Mr. Stark," Fury says.
     "Fury," Tony fumes.
     "I have an unexpected mission for all of the Avengers."
     "Go on,"
     "Come to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters prepared. I'll explain then."
     "Alright, we'll be there soon."
     "I'll hand you to an agent," Fury says.
     The line changes and we are handed off to a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
     "Hello, Mr. Stark," a female voice says. "Director Fury wants you here as soon as possible. You need to come prepared with any gadgets or uniforms you need. It is going to be for less than a day, so don't be too prepared. Have Dr. Banner bring any information he has about H.Y.D.R.A. that is on paper, please. Is there anything that you would like for me to tell Director Fury?"
     "I hate you," Tony says. "Tell him in those exact words."
     "I get that a lot. Proceed." the agent ends the call.
     "I'll get the others," Tony says, stomping to the elevator.
     Steve and I giggle and go to grab our uniforms.