Chapter Forty Eight

What is this. I'm a slob. ugh. Unedited.
_________________________

Harry's Point of View

I dreamt something happy. Something wonderful. We had a house in the city. We were far away from all of our troubles. She was smiling and joking around with me. We were really happy and it was peaceful.

When I woke up, I was disappointed it wasn't real. But, it didn't stop me from smiling at the thought. I stared at her conscious body, quietly talking to Liam. I was relieved she had woken up and I squeezed her hand tightly to reassure myself she really was awake.

"Harry?" I looked at her and she stared at me with a smile. "Are you ok?" I nodded and kissed her knuckles.

"Just fine, darling."

She smiled and stared at me a while longer before the door opened and her doctor informed us of her improvement to medicine and treatment. Her miraculous recovery made me happy yet doubtful. I don't trust anyone here but me and I don't trust the little information they give me.

She was released from the hospital the next day.

• • •

The hall lights flickered. I slowly walked past the rooms, eyebrows furrowed. It brought back eerie memories of the quiet darkness. I closed my eyes and pictured it. The tunnel, the whispers, the sleepless monsters.

They call my name but I don't answer. I open my eyes and the little blonde kid is standing in front of me. I don't flinch, but I take a step back.

"There a problem?" I mumble and glare at him.

"I'm hungry."

"And that concerns me?" I walk past him, taking note that the hall lights look perfectly fine. I frown and let the kid shove past me, whining and complaining on his way down the stairs.

"Harry?" I hear her voice before I see her and it almost immediately makes me smile. I follow it to the kitchen where I spot her on the counter swinging her legs. I walk up to her and hug her, giving a gentle kiss on her shoulder. "I've decided to make dinner and Liam is helping along. What do you think we should have tonight?" She asked with a smile.

"Hamburgers!" Niall jumped in.

"Pasta," I told her, completely ignoring the voice from behind.

"Pasta it is," Liam announces and I hear the kid silently groan. I smile to myself because it's just hilarious.

"Fuck!" The short kid came running in with a look of panic and fear.

"What happened, Lou?" Liam asked.

"I saw a huge fucking wolf, I think I pissed my pants a little."

"How close was it?"

"Right outside, I'm staying in for the rest of the week."

"Who says we're staying for the rest of the week?" I question. They all look at me and I just ignore it. "It doesn't seem safe here."

"Mate, I hate to break it to ya but there's no place safe in this world." Niall mumbles.

"I feel like it's catching up to us and we need to escape before we're caught."

"I agree," Carter says.

"I guess so," Liam responds and I could care less about the rest.

"Then it's settled, we're leaving early and I say Tuesday."

•   •   •

We leave on Tuesday with everything. Nobody looks back the whole ride. I don't know where we will go, but we'll see soon enough.

"We can fight it, whatever it is," I hear her whisper from the passenger seat. "We've been fighting it ever since we met."

I smile at her and reach for her hand. I gently kiss it before giving an answer.

"We can fight it. We pull one hell of a fight, don't we?"

She quietly laughs. "Yes, we do." It grows silent and I'm still smiling.

"I love you, Carter."

I see her smile out the corner of my eye. "I love you too, Harry."