Chapter 5 Birthday suprises

It has been 4 months sense Clark died. I do every once in a while miss him. He did crack some funny puns. Katie hasn't gotten into a depression or anything that I know of. She is very strong.
I wake up on Wednesday and realize  that I over slept. "Why didn't Katie wake me up. She is a stickler for being on time for school. What gives" I thought to my self. "Well look who is up, miss sleepy head herself" Katie said with a big smile. "Why didn't you wake me up K?" I asked. "Do you really want to go to school today?" She asked with a bit of a smirk. All the sudden I remember the bio quiz that I didn't study for  and English paper that wasn't finished. "I really don't want to if I am able to skip.." I said slowly. Still wondering why she is acting like this. "Well good, because even if you wanted to go I wouldn't let you today." she said with a huge smile "Katie... What is going on.." I ask with more curiosity. It got very quite the all the sudden Katie screams "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARI!" I had to think for a minute and then I realize that today is my birthday. Being in foster care you some times forget stuff like that. Especially when the last 3houses I was at didn't even remember. So I made my birthday not a special event anymore. When I realize that I am 15 now I ask "Can I get my permit" I say very excited. "Haha hell no I'm not letting you lose on the streets yet" Kate says. "But I do have a big surprise for you in the living room" she says with even more excitement. I had been asking for a puppy for a long time and hoped to see one when I walked in. But when I waked in everything looked normal. So I started looking for something wrapped.  Still nothing, so I look at Katie really puzzled. "The counter look at the counter" she whispered even though I was the only one. Then I noticed I white envelope. I rush to it and opened it as if my life depended on it. I look at what in it. 2 plane ticket, and two smaller tickets. "What is this?" I ask very confused. I read the sticky note and then I scream the loudest I had ever screamed.