09| Runaway wolf ✔️

***

Crying over a guy?
Nahh...pick up your head princess.
Your tiara is falling.

***

K I A R A

I stuffed my clothes into my bag , changed into a pair of black skinny jeansand a white tee shirt and I braided my hair into a french braid. I looked out of the window and saw Aden walking up to the stage. The ceremony was already half way through.

I felt a stab of sorrow, while I watched him. He looked so handsome, surely he wouldn't miss me, with all the girls drooling over him.

"Are you sure about this?" Zara asked. She was hoping I would change my mind and stay.

"Could you watch him kiss and sleep with slutty girls like Nicole?"

She whimpered.

"We need to move on. He hates us and will be satisfied only when he breaks us. And I won't let him do that to us, ever."

I turned away sadly from the window thinking about my mate. I always thought him as a brute for the past three years and I still thought the same now. The only difference now was that he was my mate and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't hate him; no one could hate their mate, whatever he did.

Moreover, I didn't have the heart to accept his rejection either. I knew it would hurt both of us; and as much as I wanted him to hurt him, I couldn't do that, for it would hurt my wolf too.

So, I had to leave. I wasn't eighteen yet, but I would turn eighteen in a few months. Then I would have to face the unbearable pain of rejection, which would be a hundred times worse than what I felt now.

I made my way to Mom's room. This would probably be the last time I would ever see her.

I pushed the door open silently and peeked into the room. Mom was sitting on the bed, as usual lost in her own thoughts.

"Mom," I called into the semi darkness. She turned to face me and smiled when she saw me peeking.

"Sweetie, is that you?" She asked softly.

I walked towards her and sat on the bed facing her. I had to tell her this, before I left. She was my mother and being her daughter I could not just runaway without telling her the truth.

"Mom, I have to tell you something..." I began, unsure about how to continue.

"Yes?" She asked me patiently.

"Mom," I breathed in. Closed my eyes and steeled myself. "I have decided to leave the pack and go my own way. It's time for me to move on. There's only so much I can bear before I break."

I thought she would cry or forbade me from taking such a huge step.

"This is because of Aden, isn't it?"

I swallowed hard.

"Why don't you give him a chance? He would surely change." She paused. "Have you thought he might have a reason for it?"

I shook my head. "Maybe true. He has a political agenda. Maybe his parents think I'm not good enough. In any case I'm tired, Mom. He doesn't want me; his rejection would only break me more. I have tolerated their cruelty long enough. I don't want to live with him anymore."