CHAPTER 13

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"Is it just me or the clock has suddenly become a tortoise?" Jasmine asks me, whispering carefully so that the librarian won't notice us gossiping.

We decided to be in the library till the lunch break after our stunt.

"Believe me, its not just you." I whisper back.

She just grunts in response and I continue back to my reading. Alec had texted me a while ago saying that my locker problem was taken care of . It was cleaned and all but it still stinks so I'll be using Jasmine's locker for a few days.
Fortunately, I didnt keep much of my notes in my locker so that didn't add up to the worry.

"V?" Jasmine nudges my elbow to which I give a questioning look.

"Apart from your strong assumptions, do you have any other proof that he did this?" She whisper-asks me.

"I don't have any other proof but my assumptions are enough to make me sure about this. He warned me at Alec's party and right after it, my locker is attacked with rotten eggs. So you tell me - do we need sherlock to guess the culprit?" I rhetorically question her, keeping my voice as low as possible.

She merely nods in understanding.

I go back to my reading while waiting for lunch break.

______________________

"Come with me to the locker rooms, will you?" Jasmine asks me once the bell rang.

"Sure!" I say and we both walk out of the library.

"Hey Jazz." We hear someone call and upon hearing the voice, Jasmine whips her head around in a flash as her cheeks start developing the crimson colour.

"Hi Shane." She murmurs shyly.

"I didn't see you in any class." He says.

"Yeah, I was occupied today. By the way, she is my best friend Violet." She gestures towards me.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I smile.

"Hey, nice to meet you too. I ll see you ladies sometime later. Gotta go!" He says and walks off.

Just as he leaves, Jasmine zones out with a pout playing on her lips.

"What happened?" I nudge her.

"Nothing. He didn't bring up the party and the kiss." She mumbles.

"Why will he? I was here with you guys. He will surely if you guys are alone somewhere sometime." I shrug.

"Yeah ok." She sighs.

___________________

We enter the populated cafeteria and notice the twins sitting at our usual table. I was aware of the questions running in their minds due to our sudden disappearance but I didnt have the answers ready. I wanted them to know the truth but now isn't the time.

"Where were you guys? We got so worried." Alec brings me back from my thoughts.

Jasmine was about to say all about it but I cut her off.

"It was nothing. We were sorting out things and were in the library afterwards." I say, effortlessly lying  even though the last part was true.

"Oh!" They say simultaneously.

"Where are the others?" Jasmine asks .

"On the way maybe." Alec shrugs.

_____________