Chapter 2

As soon as I heard Sparrow's words I felt sick. Not like I'm going to barf sick but sick with guilt or something. I knew as well as he that I wasn't supposed to go out alone, but I couldn't help myself. There is something about messing with weres that feels so right.

"Dove, how many times must I tell you not to go off on your own. You could have been..." Sparrow started.

"Captured, or killed. And nobody would be able to save me." I finished, for him.

"Exactly. So why do you continue to do it?"

"I don't know."

"Why don't you know!" he said, raising his voice.

"I just don't." I said, raising my voice to match his, then much quieter I said, "I think I should leave." Then I got up, and marched towards the door.

"Dove, wait!" Sparrow said, frantically. I stopped and turned to face him. More calmly he added, "I think I'll need to go talk to the werewolf pack, and I don't suppose, you would want to come with me?"

I stopped in my tracks. Sparrow never let me come with him to clean up the problems I made. He thought it was to dangerous for me. I didn't know why, but he did.

"Are you kidding? I'd love to go!" I said.

"Great let me give them a call." Sparrow said.

. . .

While Sparrow rambled on, on the phone, I went to my room to change into something warmer. I put on some leopard print pajama pants, with a solid gray long sleeve shirt. I wasn't a big fan of showing off my body when I went to bed. Or any time for that matter.

I had heard stories of some werecats who loved... sexual attention. They wore too much makeup and pretty much jumped in the bed with the first person they saw. It made me sick to think some of my kind might do that. I shook that thought off and laid back on my bed.

As I did so I was visited by a old friend, my memories. Luckily it wasn't one of my dark and depressing memories, but a happy one, one of my favorites. It was the day I met Sparrow.

He isn't my real brother, but the closest thing I have to one. He has loved, and protected me like a sister. Also we were both werecats so it made it that much easier. I then let my mind drift off to the memory.

I had hidden in what might have once been a cave of some sort. I could hear their breath. They were right above me. My mom's murders. I still couldn't believe she was dead, it had happened so fast.

I was no older than six and I was now alone. I sat down and cried. I sobbed more like. I wept in that cave for a very long time. Until I finally ran out of tears.

That's when a young boy appeared. He was a year or two older than me and smelled like... like... like a werecat!

He spoke to me in a hushed tone, "It's okay." he said, "Did they get your parents too?"

I didn't know how he knew, but I just nodded. Then more tears started to flow down my cheeks.

He put a finger to my lips, to hush me. And it worked. The tears stopped falling. "My name is Sparrow." He said, "What is yours?"

My name? I thought. I didn't have anything to call my own, much less a name. I knew my mother called me something but I didn't want to remember it. It had something to do with a miracle or something.

"Do you have a name?" Sparrow asked.

I just shook my head. I was fine being nameless. More than fine. I actually was happy not having a name.

"Well I need something to call you," he mused, "How about Dove?"

Dove. A pretty name. I liked it. I shook my head eagerly. Then Sparrow started for the exit of the cave. I decided that if I wanted to survive I would need to follow him. So I did.

I woke from from my memories when Sparrow knocked at the door. "Come in!" I shouted.

Sparrow opened the door and then said, "The weres agreed to talk. They also want to meet you. They seemed eager when I mentioned it too."

"That's great!" I said.

"Is it? They seemed eager, a little too eager."

"You worry too much." I said, "So when do we leave?"

"Now."

==================================================
AN:

Hi guys and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I hope it isn't too short as well!

So we got into Dove's background a little bit, as well as Sparrow's. If you have any ideas for what I should do with it, please say.

Also if you have any comments or corrections please put them! I always enjoy peoples comments.