Chapter 12

(A/N: bet you guys didn't expect another update ooooo well you may or may not like this chapter depending on who you ship?¿ so yeah ily)

-1 Month Later-

I ran down the beach with Calum, chuckling as we did so. His hand clutched mine. My hair ran wild in the wind and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here with Calum.

Ever since the night I got away, I haven't talked to Michael at all. I know it seems selfish, but he's moved on now. He has a new girlfriend and they're really close, as are me and Calum. I think I'm falling for Calum. When we finally got tired of running, we stopped and caught our breath. He pulled my arms into his embrace and I smiled into his chest as he held me. It's July 4th and 2 months later I'll be heading home, but I didn't wanna think of that.

"So are you coming to the party tonight? For the 4th of July? We're doing fireworks here on the beach" he said.

"I'll go if you go" I said.

"Okay, so we're going" he said, smiling and kissing my nose.

Hours later, I found myself at the party. Calum helped Ashton set up fireworks as I sat back and watched. I offered to help multiple times but Calum insisted that I just relax. How did I end up with the best boyfriend ever? They finished setting up and agreed to do fireworks in an hour. Calum grabbed a beer and I knew he would soon be getting drunk. I didn't like the idea of it, but I fully trust him. He chugged down the beer, quickly going for another. I frowned, turning my attention from him and pulling out my phone. The time was already 11:25pm. So fireworks are around 12 or so. About 10 minutes later, Calum was definitely drunk. He giggled uncontrollably and I chuckled at him. My bladder felt heavy and I ran to my cabin to use the bathroom. I finished and checked myself in the mirror, making sure I looked fine. I ran back onto the beach, seeing Michael. My legs went weak as he laughed at his girlfriend, kissing her on the cheek. I swallowed the lump in my throat, searching for Calum. I couldn't seem to find him. Suddenly, Jessica ran up to me, her eyes wide.

"Um-um Ashley..." She stuttered, grabbing my arm. "I don't.."

"What's going on?" I asked, confused. She dragged me down the beach and I gasped, seeing Calum making out with a blonde girl. At that moment, my whole world crumbled. I felt my heart beat slow and hot tears run down my cheeks.

"C-Calum?" I said, my voice cracking.

"Ashley..." Jessica said. "It's okay..."

I spun on my heel and ran away, as fast as I could. As I ran, I saw Michael making out with his girlfriend which made things worse. I ran faster down the beach, not knowing where I was going. I wouldn't dare turn around. I ran off the beach and onto the street. What the hell am I doing? I took a shaky breath and stopped in my tracks, suddenly not knowing where I was. I looked around, searching wildly for any signs of the cabins. I gave in and found the road that led to the field. I ran down that road, finding the field and collapsing. I cried my eyes out, not knowing what to do. How could he do this to me? I know he was drunk, but that doesn't matter at all. He cheated on me. I hugged my knees to my chest, tears spilling out again. Now I'm at the field, alone. It's more than likely that nobody will find me here, meaning I'm lost. I took a shaky breath, telling myself to stay strong. I wiped my eyes, calming myself down. I sat for what seemed like forever, when suddenly a car rushed up the road and stopped at the end of the field. I gasped as Michael ran out of it. He ran to me and gathered me in his arms as I cried into his chest.

"Shhh" he whispered, rubbing my back and comforting me. I tried to stop crying, but the tears rushed out. "It's okay" he whispered.

"No it's not" I snapped. "You wouldn't understand."

"I would understand" he said quietly, rubbing circles onto my back. "Do you know how hard it's been not talking to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's so obvious" he muttered. "I like you. A lot....And Calum's been hooking up with that blonde girl behind your back the whole time" he breathed, biting down on his lip.

"What the hell?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled, tears pouring out. He wiped them.

"Listen to me" he said, calmly. "I didn't think you wanted me to talk to you so that's why I didn't tell you..."

"Well that doesn't matter right now. All that matters is I'm stupid. How could I have not known this?" I put my head in my hands.

"You aren't stupid" he said, lifting my chin to look at him. "You're far from stupid. You're beautiful. In fact, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and that is one hundred percent sincere" he said. I put my hand over my mouth.

"You have to be lying..."

"But I'm not" he said. "I'm crazy about you. Staying away from you for a whole month is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I missed your smile. I missed your voice...I could listen to you talk for hours. I missed your eyes. I missed the way you would laugh. I missed how you would bite down on your lip whenever you caught me staring at you. I thought we were done with each other for good and it broke my heart. I've never cried in front of anyone before or over someone, but with you I've come close. So here's the thing...Calum doesn't deserve you. I don't even deserve you. But if you let me, I will completely change for you. I know you're just getting out of this nasty relationship with Calum...and literally JUST getting out of it...but could you at least think about it?"

I felt my legs go weak. I was completely speechless. Everything he just said basically made me his. But he's right; I just got out of this relationship and I'm not ready for anything YET. Then I remembered...

"You have a girlfriend..." I said.

"That...may have been a cover up" he said with a sigh. "I payed her to be my fake girlfriend. I wanted you to think I was happy without you, and..that doesn't matter right now" he stated. He's right.

"Michael..." I mumbled.

"Yeah?" He asked.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into me, pressing my lips against his. I felt him smile into the kiss as he placed his hands on my cheeks, deepening it. My heart raced wildly and my palms sweat. His lips were soft against mine. The heat grew, but we pulled apart to breathe. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged back, holding me.

"Michael" I said. "I don't wanna get into another relationship quite yet. But I like you...a lot." He smiled.

"I'm completely fine with that. Do you want me to drive you back to the cabin?"

"Yes, please." He grabbed my hand and we both walked to his car.