Chapter 24: Pregnant Precautions

Natalie's POV

Carter sat there, and ran his hand through his hair.

"Are you sure?"He asked. I tossed the test onto his desk, and he looked at it.

"Positive," I sighed. He leaned back in his chair, and put his head in hands. It was silent for awhile.

"Nat do you know what this means?"He asked.

"I have to go live with my parents," I replied. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"No," he paused,"It means I have to keep my eye on you."

"Why?" I asked.

"If a gang leader has a kid, that child is leverage to other gangs," he explained,"You saw what happened to Thomas and Dana. I don't want that to happen to us."

"Why so many precautions?" I asked.

"I just told you," he huffed,"And you're carrying my first child. I'm not losing you or this child Natalie."

Carter stood up, and walked around his desk. He stood in front of me, and squatted down to my level.

"Nat," he paused,"You have to be careful."

"I will," I assured,"I'm surprised you care this much."

"Why wouldn't I?"He asked.

"I thought you wouldn't want the baby?" I admitted.

"Trust me Nat," he began,"I want the baby." I nodded, and stood up. I hugged him, and he hugged back.

"You're gonna be a good father," I admitted.

"I hope so," he chuckled.

"I'm gonna go take a nap," I sighed.

"I'm coming with you," he chuckled,"It's been a long week."

We walked upstairs, and into our bedroom. I took off my shoes, and climbed under the bed. Carter climbed in next to me, and pulled me to his chest.

"Sweet dreams momma,"Carter whispers in my ear. With that said we both drifted off to sleep.

Carter's POV

I woke up, and Natalie was sleeping in my arms. I can't believe she's pregnant. I hope it's a boy, to be honest.

I quietly got up, and walked downstairs. Kent was taking a nap on the couch, and I really wanted to scare the sh!t out of him. However, I decided against it, and let him sleep.

Now that I know Natalie's for sure pregnant, I have to update the security system. That means more cameras, bigger locks, more guards, bullet proof windows, more guns, a panic room, and a bomb shelter..... Don't ask.

I walked into the weapon room, and started looking through the doors.

"Where are you?" I mumbled,"Aha!!" I pulled out a deadlock deadbolt lock, and grabbed the drill. I walked to the front door, and started to install the lock. The sound of the drill woke Kent up, and he walked over to me.

"What are you doing?" he yawned.

"I'm making pancakes," I sighed, and rolled my eyes,"What the h*ll does it look like I'm doing."

"No need to get sassy," Kent chuckled. I finished installing the lock, and I turned towards Kent.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked.

"Well," He thought,"Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage."

"Of course," I chuckled, and rolled my eyes.

"You asked," Kent laughed.

"Cole and AJ back yet?" I asked, as we walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah," he replied,"Cole is napping, and AJ is either in the basement or talking to Kai."

"Do you think the girls are getting any better?" I asked, and dug out all of the ingredients for dinner.

"Yeah I give them a few days," he answered. I nodded then started to make the pancake batter. Kent and I were talking about the whole Clark situation, when the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Natalie's voice called out. My eyes widened.

"Nat I got it!" I yelled, and dashed out of the kitchen. She was standing right by the door, and she gave me a funny look.

"Why can't I get the door?" she asked.

"Because I don't know who's on the other side," I replied,"Now go sit in the kitchen." She groaned, and walked toward the kitchen.

I opened the door, and froze. What the h*ll are they doing here?!? Including him??

"Hello son," my father sighed,"May we come in?"

_________________

Hey!! Sorry this update is short, and it took me forever to update. I've been really busy. Anyway, are you excited for Natalie and Carter's baby!?! I know I am!!!!

Please Comment & Vote