First Sunday

A/N
This chapter/story was supposed to be a lot longer but I shortened it for 2 reasons:
1. It takes hours to type using only your thumbs using the app. I'd use the website but my laptop hates me.
2. My brain does not follow the plot. But I'm almost done writing the story. It's a lot shorter than I thought it would be but maybe that will change?

Sunday was a very eventful day. Dean sent Naya an AC/DC poster as promised. She pulled it out of the care package and shook her head. The care package also came with Bacon Cheddar Cheese chips, as requested. There was also a multi colored blue and purple teddy bear with a picture of Dean and Mike making stupid faces on it's chest and a box of condoms.... She cocked an eyebrow. So many weird things...

"He can he my teddy bear." Mindy joked, as she applied eyeliner. Naya rolled her eyes and shook her head, throwing the teddy bear and condoms at her. "Condoms? Maybe he knows about Matt."

"If he knew about Matt, he'd be here and Matt's balls would be in a jar or salt and burned with the rest of him. I have to keep Matt a secret." There was a letter at the bottom. A Man Of Letters that actually wrote letters still existed?

Hope your classes are going well. Hope you are making friends. Just don't get TOO close with anyone though. I heard your tutor is a boy. You seemed to leave that detail out. I put condoms in there just in case he or anyone else tried anything. You can never be too careful! Remember, I WILL salt and burn him if he hurts you. And put his balls in a jar! Let us know if anything weird happens. We'll be there in five! We love you.
Love, Dad and Mike.

She smiled. There was no return address, obviously. "He knows about Matt." Mindy laughed. Oh God that was embarrassing.

Adviser Tristen stopped by to tell her church would be starting in a half an hour. Naya thought about skipping with Mindy, but she was curious to know what a real Mass was like. "You coming?" Mindy shook her head.

"No. But could you pray for me?" Naya made a face.

"For?"

"That I'll be Forgiven and my dad will be Forgiven and that maybe one day I'll be able to Cross Over." Naya gave Mindy a questioning look. That was an odd request but she said she would. She'd be praying for her family as well.

Mathew suggested she go to Confession. She admitted to not knowing what that was because she didn't have any religious background. He explained it to her.

"Oh, so like in Ghost Rider. 'Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I've sinned a lot." He laughed.

"Yeah, but you know, you're not the Devil's son or anything." She laughed too. They continued talking and she said her dad wasn't a fan of God.

"Athiest?"

"No. He knows there's a God. He just doesn't like God..." There was an awkward silence

"That's okay. Everyone can be forgiven."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silly, stupid boy. Not everyone could be Forgiven. Lucifer wasn't. He wasn't such a bad fellow, like the Christians made him seem. He was just a massive pain in the arse. The King of Hell knew for a fact, not everyone could be Forgiven. Only a select few.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She stepped into the giant cabinet and started her Confession. The man on the other side had a very calming voice. She told him she felt like a failure to her family. "I can assure you, your father loves you more than anything. You'll never fail him as long as you never kill him." What?! Normal church was weird! "Why do you feel like you're failing him?"

"He.... He has a complicated business I can never become a part of, because it isn't real. But he thinks it is."

"Oh trust me, it's real."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He was bad at this fake Pastor thing. But it wasn't like she knew any different.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How do you know?"

"That's why you're here after all. You should get going, Mass is about to start." Now she saw why people skipped. She didn't feel relieved or Saved at all. She felt more confused than anything. But as soon as Mass started she became intrigued.

The stories were so interesting! They sounded like fiction but they were all real! Some even tied in with what was going on around them today. She wanted to know more. But she didn't have her own Bible and was too embarrassed to ask for one. After rambling on and on Matt lent her one of his.

"Just come to me for all your educational and biblical needs, m'lady."

"You're my Go To Guy for everything, huh?" He nodded.

"Well I am Mexican, so yeah."

"Being Mexican means you're all knowing? What am I? I'm part Puerto Rican." He made a face.

"Not as all knowing as me, clearly."

"You're a Hermosa chica." She blushed. God, she liked him. She looked at the paintings that were on the walls of the church that led to the courtyard. They were beautiful. "A girl that used to go here painted these. This is her Memorial. During a home visit her family's restaurant burned down." They sat down at a table, where Jimmy was sitting. He smirked at her. She looked away. She never told anyone about the kiss. She was embarrassed. "We were sophomores. She was below us." Two years ago.

"Talking about Mindy?" Jimmy asked. Matt nodded solemnly. "The whole family died. People say the dad did it. He's on the run now. No one can find him."

"Don't tell her that!" Matt punched Jimmy in the arm. That wasn't the part that caught Naya's attention.

"Well it's true!" Jimmy said, rubbing his arm. "They say her ghost haunts the halls. Especially the Art room. No one's allowed in there without the teacher."

"Mindy... The Art Room. Mindy." Naya ran to the Art room. Matt called for her but she didn't listen.