Chapter 50

HAPPY NEW YEAR BABES, HAPPY TO HAVE U ALL COMING INTO 2016 WITH MEEE

-

"Walkers!" Someone screamed from their yard before running into their home.

I looked around, walkers circling from the back of the gates.

I ran inside to get my gun and my knife before running back outside.

"Go inside, lock the doors, and stay down until we come get you." I ordered families who didn't have a clue of what to do.

"Sam!" Rick yelled, running down the road to me.

"What?" I asked, running to meet him.

"Stay with me." He ordered.

I nodded before sending my knife through a walker's head.

I pulled it out before running down the street where a little girl was about to get her neck tore open.

I quickly pushed her out of the way before stabbing the walker.

"Get in the house, okay? It's dangerous out here." I told her before turning around to see Rick being surrounded by three walkers.

I froze, watching as a walker brought it's teeth down on his arm.

I quickly shot the walker as he took the other two down.

Everything was in slow motion from there, and I felt as if I needed to throw up.

I looked around, walkers dead everywhere.

"Someone left the gate open! I closed it, though." Aaron declared as he ran to us.

"What happened?" Aaron asked, his eyes on my face before looking to Rick.

All I could see was Rick on his death bed, dying of a fever. A slow, painful death he defiantly didn't deserve.

I bit my lip, trying not to cry as my mind continued to picture sweat dripping down his forehead, blood caked on his shirt from throwing up, his arm rotting off...

"Sam? Sam?" Rick asked, grabbing my arm.

"What's wrong?" He asked once I finally clicked back to earth.

I looked at his arm again, his arm perfectly fine.

"Sam," Aaron mumbled, stepping in front of me.

I threw my knife to the ground before turning around and walking back home.

I put a hand on my stomach, trying not to think about what I had imagined.

That was too close- way too close to death.

Once I was in the house, I ran upstairs to the bathroom and tried to throw up- but nothing came up.

"Sam!" I heard Rick yell from downstairs.

I stood up, tears pooled around my eyes as I walked into the hall.