Chapter Six: Secrets

A/N: Sorry it's been so long! Busy time of year and all.I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

~ ~ ~

Allison pulled her bow string taut, lining up her sight with her target. She took in a deep breath and held it, letting her hands steady before breathing out slowly and releasing her arrow.

It struck the target barely an inch off centre and she lowered her bow.

"Nice shot," her father said. "You usually hit them dead on though."

She turned her head to the side and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You criticising my shot?" she asked.

He shrugged.

"It's constructive," he said.

"How is that constructive?"

"Because you're not going to want to miss the next one now," he grinned.

She rolled her eyes and took another arrow from her quiver and lined it up. She got her breathing set and closed her eyes a moment before refocussing her gaze and letting the arrow fly.

This time it was spot on the centre.

"I told you," he said and she just gave him a look.

"Okay, you were right," she said. "That what you were waiting for me to say?"

"Something like that," he laughed.

She smiled and looked down at her bow, the faint scratches in its surface gentle reminders of the battles she had fought, the people that had fought beside her.

"So I extended the lease out another month," he said and she nodded to him, fingers brushing over one of the scrapes by the sight of her bow. "I also bought a couple of plane tickets for not long after that."

She looked up at him and he gave her a smile.

"You seemed like you were missing home more so than usual," he said.

"You know me, we'll get on the plane and I'll decide I want to stay," she grinned.

"Are you saying I shouldn't have booked them?" he asked and she walked over to wrap her arms around him.

"No, I'm glad you did," she said with a sigh. "I think by then it'll be time to go home."

Scott stood outside the facility by the gates, trying to get as far away from the shrieking walls as he could. It didn't seem to do much for him, he could still hear the sounds from inside.

It was probably twenty minutes before Isaac walked out through the doors and gave him a strange look as he walked up to him.

"Hey, are you okay? You kind of disappeared," he asked and Scott turned away to get out of the gates as fast as he could.

"I'm fine, can we please go?" he said.

"The voices are kind of hard to drown out sometimes, I guess I should have warned you about that," he said with a sigh as he jogged a few steps to catch up.

"Probably," Scott said. "You could also have told me that Cal was in there too."

"What?" Isaac said. "Scott, hold up, wait..."

He grabbed his arm to stop him and Scott turned to look at him.

"Cal went to prison last I heard, what do you mean 'he's in there too'?" he asked.

"He was calling me, couldn't you hear it? He was just calling my name over and over until I went in there," he said.

"No I... I didn't hear him, I heard yelling and screaming but... wait, you went in there to see that psychopath?"