[47]: I'm Not The Only One

THERE IS ONLY ONE WORD I can think of that could describe my current situation right now: crazy.

Today is the day before the dance and students are supposed to be dismissed by noon this day to enjoy and relax but the dance committee still had a lot to do so we're trying to finalize everything so that we can also enjoy the rest of the day.

Right now, Jamie (the student body president) and I are currently selling tickets to the last minute buyers while checking up on the caterers and the flowers, making calls to them to make sure they were on their way.

The activity area was almost ready, tables and chairs were in position scattered at the edges of the gigantic room, leaving a space in the middle for dancing and other formal activities. All it needed were the tablecloths and eating utensils which the caterers have.

The stage had been also set up beautifully by other student council representatives. Balloons were everywhere, stragetically placed in a way that they won't look like it's too much, also thanks to the art club. They also placed these beautiful snowflake decorations and some beautiful fairy lights with a warm white glow.

"Oh my gosh, the dresses have arrived!" I heard a girl say. I looked towards the door and there sure are two men, carrying about 8 or 10 boxes.

Seeing that no student was buying right now, I turned to Jamie. "Come on, let's check it out!"

Excitedly, we nearned the men and one of them produced a clipboard and turned to Jamie. "You need to sign this ma'am."

The other guy had placed the boxes on the nearest table and then walked out. After Jamie signed, the man with the clipboard left too.

"Wow, I can't believe it!" A girl gushed, I think she's the treasurer, she was holding a box which must've been containing the dress."It looks like we'r getting married and our dress is in this box!"

"Really Ashley?" Another girl said, as she held on her box.

I quickly found mine, my name scribbled on the lower corner of the box. I took a small peek inside and my dress peeks back at me. "Come on guys, we have approximately 35 minutes to be done here," I heard Jamie say. Hurriedly, everyone scattered away, going back to where they were supposed to be.

"I can't believe its almost done," Jamie said to me.

"I know," I agreed. "But at least all the exhausment led to something beautiful."

She turned to me and smiled. "It's really been nice working with you, Thea."

"Same to you, Jamie." I replied. She gave me a nod then walked back to the ticket booth. I took a look at my surroundings and I was proud of these students who are currently making last-minute touches, smiles on their faces. The student council secretary's boyfriend was even here even though he wasn't part of the committee and she was sitting on his shoulders as she secured the decorations up on the wall.

Speaking of boyfriends, I reached for my phone to check for any messages from Seth. Since he wasn't here in school because he said his legs weren't feeling good because he tired them out yesterday, he told me he'll check up on me via telecommunication.

Sure enough, there was one from him and I recieved it 15 minutes ago. It said, how's it going in there?

I unlocked my phone and quickly typed in a reply. Everything seems to be good. How about you, are you okay?

Not a few minutes later, my phone buzzed. My legs feels better now. Can't wait to do girly stuff with you later.

I rolled my eyes. Then suddenly, the people from the catering service arrived, about ten to thirteen of them, carrying huge boxes.