chapter twenty øne

// ayyyye we're finally at chapter twenty øne [ pilots ] !! also, blurry face was ranked #117 like THATS CRAZY GUYS!!!

p.s: the picture attached is the painting that dan does later in the chapter. I tried at art lol. //

dan [ is still getting trolled ]

Dan's eyes ached.

Actually, it was more his person as a whole which aches. His head aches, his eyes ache, his mind aches, his limbs ache but most of all, his heart aches.

How could Phil be dead? The very idea seemed impossible to him, yet this was the very scenario he's found himself in. He now faced a certain life without Phil.

There was no possibility he would see him again, no possibility Phil would return to him and hold him tightly - not that Phil would ever do that anyway.

Dan knew from the moment he saw Phil that he was different, because, well, he had a freaking face. But aside from that, he found that he couldn't escape Phil either.

Two weeks, it's been. Two. Long. Exhausting. Draining. Unbearable. Weeks. Two weeks was bad enough, how is Dan going to survive the rest of his lifespan?

The for sale sign went up a week and a half ago, the one for Phil's house. His parents moved away a day ago. The house has already sold, but no one has moved in yet.

Dan doesn't want them to. He doesn't want to live next to anyone except Phil. An empty house is better than a house which is occupied by people who aren't the Lester's.

His parents are at it again as well, the constant yelling and fighting. They haven't even noticed their son slipping away from them. Dan is fed up. He also has not spoken a word since hearing of Phil.

He's gone. He went back to the hospital the next day, as if he really didn't believe it. The same nurse was there. Phil is really gone.

Dan's friends, although puzzled, have accepted his refusal to speak. His teachers haven't though. Dan has been repeatedly asked to answer questions, and as hard as he tried, his words just seemed to dry out, his voice empty.

"Howell, a word please," Mrs Lynne, his art teacher says as he tries to dart out of the classroom.

Dan sighs deeply, stopping and turning back to face her. Everyone else has gone now, it's just them left. Pj is waiting out the front of the classroom for him though.

"You seem to have drifted off these past weeks Mr Howell, is there something troubling you?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at him, her voice gentle and soft.

Dan simply shakes his head in response.

"Are you sure there's nothing troubling you Dan?" She presses, but Dan only shakes his head again.

She sighs.

"Well, let me at least see what you've been doing in class," she says, holding out her hand, "let's see that watercolour painting you've been working on."

Dan hesitates before reaching into his art folder, which is resting in his arms, and pulling out the A3 sheet of paper and holding it out cautiously. She tugs it out of his grip and studies it while Dan stands awkwardly in front of her, his cheeks red and stance awkward.