Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bloody Mary

A/N: well this chapter was a pain to write...i have scrapped and re-written it like three times...and i'm not sure if i'm happy with it but i know if i dwell on it, i won't be able to continue.

Happy new year's :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bloody Mary

Abandoning X, the two-legged thing lumbers towards me without pause and I'm standing here like an idiot. This time, Cody isn't here to save me. I dodge passed her outstretched knife-like fingers as she pounces like a cat -and I'm the mouse. She probably didn't expect me to move as she crashes into the side of the tunnel, rolling down a little. Getting back up again, she lets out another banshee screech, making me cringe and my vision shaky. So her goddamned voice can mess with my head...yay...

She comes for me again and I dive to the side in time for her to rush passed, but swerves around mid-stride and bounces back in my direction. I don't think I can keep playing dodgeball with the lizard much longer. This time as she runs her scream takes on a new pitch that muddles my brain-leg connection and she almost had me, clipping my left side and sending me into a nearby wall, hitting my head with a loud thud. My vision went black as I crumble to the ground. Wanting nothing more than to let that dark abyss take me out of this nightmarish, humid and wet situation. But instead, I try to open my eyes and roll onto my ass, hunched over hoping the world stops spinning.

Shaking my head, I try to get some focus back into eyes as my brain swims about my skull. I'm also wondering why she hasn't ended me yet as I'm basically a stuffed pig -apple in mouth- waiting for it. But as my mind clears a little, I see X is preoccupying her. He darts around, flipping and spinning, dodging her attacks while striking with his own hands (that I swear are now clawed). I could watch forever, entranced by the grace of this weird death dance. But I could see the pain contorting his face and I felt something lurking behind his eyes, growing stronger as his rationality ebbs away and his attacks are slowly transcending into something more bestial, lost sanity.

I get back to my feet, ears still ringing while the world goes through vertigo and I try to hold down the baby-food I was force fed at three in the morning...why am I here again? I could hear something, almost coherent words, as the Queen screams out in frustration. It almost sounds like 'Help me'.

I keep myself up by leaning a hand on the wall, my entire body feels like it was set on fire while someone was beating the shit out of me. ...I think that the medication is wearing off. Wonderful. A particular burning sensation across my shoulder stood out more than the rest of my body. When I looked at it I realised that the long pointy witch fingers of bloody Queen Mary over there had nicked me across the shoulder, ripping right through the fabric and it felt like she hit bone but I couldn't be sure in this light. But what hurt the most is that through all the bleeding and stinging pain; I could feeling something like acid bubbling in my veins and made me hiss as I try to compress my shoulder to slow some of the bleeding. I really can't come out of any of this shit unscathed, can I?

I watch as X sinks a hand into the side of the Queen but the muck just absorbs his hand, pouring over his fist as if to take him with it. He pulls back to strike again, this time directly at the torso of the human but she seems to notice this and screams out and he retreats in what I describe as pain, only for the giant claws to come out swinging once again.

Was there anything to hit her with? I look around, only seeing the stairs and the giant pool of black sludge. Then from the corner of my eye, I notice on the wall that was part of the dreary staircase, I see there was some miscellaneous bare iron pipes. It's something at least.