42-The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

☆☆ ONE DAY LATER ☆☆

Nico Iris Messaged again. It lasted like two minutes because Ethan was being very annoying kept trying to bust open the door because he was getting overly and rightfully suspicious.

Nico manged to tell his friends that Circe was in hiding somewhere, and wasn't going to appear until the wedding. He advised to get an army of about thirty campers to stop the wedding when it happened, because it was going to happen the same day Nyx attacked. Then he'd quickly said that the prime minister didn't seem to be in his office anymore. He might be unconscious, but demigods are always guarding him, and Nico's powers don't affect them.

But there is good news. Very very good news!

Two days later, Nico escaped the minister's mansion by digging a hole.

"I didn't know that would actually work," Percy commented.

"I know," Nico shook his head. He'd gotten way paler, if that was even possible, but he still looked okay. "The force field thing that Nyx made doesn't extend very far underground. Incredibly stupid of her. So stupid I'm thinking it might be intentional."

"That does not sound good," Jason observed. "I guess she wanted to save her energy."

He nodded absently, "Well, I want to go sleep. What did you tell the students when they realized I was gone?"

Annabeth shrugged, "I just said you had business at camp. Pansy Parkinson had a meltdown, but whatever."

Nico shuddered, "From what I've gathered, you have to free Hemera, fight Nyx, and stop Circe on the same day. I couldn't hear much about where Day is, but I think she's being moved somewhere. I tried to go into the basement, but once I got close I felt like I was dying. I'm like, 90% sure she was down there. I threw a shield into the shadows there once, and a girl screamed."

"I think you hit her," Percy said.

"No I didn't," Nico said. "I think I just scared her, or whatever it was. And it's no wonder Ethan and the others look so weird. Once the sun goes down, Nyx takes on a human form and pushes three of the demigods into the basement just for laughs. Ethan tried to lock me in there once, because I never got a turn. Nyx stopped him for some reason."

The rest of the demigods looked horrified.

"Good night," Nico went and covered himself with his blanket.

"Well, what do we do now?" Piper asked.

"Homework?" Jason suggested. Percy hit him in the head.

"To Tartarus with homework," Annabeth said. "We're doing battle strategies."

Two hours of planning later, Annabeth came to a conclusion, "The Chamber of Secrets. I'll bet she'll be there. Hemera, I mean."

"Really? But that's like, right under us."

"And who would be the only one who'd be able to sense her? Nico. He'd be able to sense how there's absolutely no shadows down there. He said that the Nyx was having arguments with the demigods about where Hemera should be kept. That must be because we'd found about them being there."

"That makes a lot of sense," Percy said, impressed.

"Seaweed Brain, I think you'd say that to every theory I have," Annabeth said, but she still kissed him on the cheek. "Nico's here though, so it's possible that she wouldn't be there. But, it makes sense that Nyx would want to keep her near. It sounds like she's draining her daughter's powers. I read about that once, it can only happen if they're close to each other. Normally, they're on opposite sides of the earth."