| TWO |

The day soon turned into evening, and the sun had set, leaving the group highlighted by the light from the fire as they gathered around together, listening to the events of that day. A mixture of shock and understanding came from the group as the story unfolded.

They had come so close to death they had fought but still survived. However, the fate of Merle Dixon remained unknown.

The group were shocked to find that Rick had handcuffed Merle to the roof of a building but not disappointed, surprised or upset.

"I put chains on the door. There's no way the geeks could push through them. Dixon is still up there," T-Dog mentioned; everyone could see he felt guilty, even though Merle had been cruel and racist towards the man.

Megan, who had stayed quiet throughout the recap, finally spoke up, "all I can say is you best be prepared to tell Daryl. He's going to be pissed," she looked around the camp, most nodding in agreement.

"She's right," Dale agreed as he poked the fire, sending sparks into the air.

"Where is he anyway?" T-Dog asked.

"Hunting," Megan replied shortly. Her mind wandered elsewhere.

The group talked amongst themselves, and as she glanced over at her brother, who was holding his son in his arms, it finally occurred to her that Rick didn't even know she was pregnant.

She wondered when the best time to tell him would be, but would there ever be a good time? She was momentarily worried that he would be angry with her. He was always so organised and methodical. A baby would mess up the plans she knew he had whirling through his mind.

"Rick, can I talk to you alone, please?" Megan asked, 'better now than when I'm in labour, screaming bloody murder and attracting every Walker in Georgia,' she thought.

Rick smiled and nodded, "sure," he replied as he removed his arm from Carl's shoulders and stood up from his seat.

Megan led him far enough away from the camp so that no one could hear but close enough that they could still be seen.

Rick spoke up first as Megan stood nervously, chewing at the skin around her fingernails, "you're nervous," he pointed out, "what's wrong?" He asked, putting both hands on his hips as he looked down at her.

Megan took a deep breath before she began to speak, "so, before all this, before you even got shot, me and Matthew had been trying for a baby," she watched him closely, trying to gauge what his upcoming reaction may be by his facial expressions. Still, he remained emotionless and nodded instead, prompting her to continue, "well, a few days before you got shot, we found out I was pregnant."

She stopped suddenly, not wanting to continue.

"Oh," Rick replied, "Oh!" He repeated as the reality of what she was saying dawned on him, "you're pregnant? You're having a baby?"

She nodded slowly, "yeah, I'm not very far along, maybe eight- ten- twelve weeks, I don't know exactly; I know it's going to be tough; I understand if you're mad-"

Rick cut her off, smiling widely at his sister, "I'm happy you got what you wanted," he put his hands on her shoulders and squeezed comfortingly, "I'm just sorry it's not that way you imagined. We will work it out, don't worry. I'll look after you."