Chapter 15

I wake up with a pounding headache, and the smell of certain cologne filling my nostrils. I wiggle a little bit, feeling the arm around my waist tighten. I don't dare open my eyes, knowing that my headache will only get worse. I move around a little more when the arm tightens enough to make me stop.

"That wiggling, Annalise, is very annoying, and you're not going to get much sleep by doing so." Matt's voice fills my ears.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, slowly opening my eyes to see the clock.

He kisses my cheek, "mmmm. Good morning to you to."

I roll my eyes, but move closer to the warmth of his body. "Good morning. Now what are you doing here?" I look around to find out where I am. "This isn't even my house. Or yours."

"That is correct." Matt says with a laugh. "But after your call last night, it worried me, so I came over to Alexia's and saw you passed out on the bathroom floor."

"Oh. What call exactly?" I ask, obviously unaware of the events that happened the previous night.

Matt starts laughing as I lay there confused. I turn to face him, and as he looks at me he just laughs harder.

"Matthew?" I ask suspiciously.

"You had called me, while I was at work might I add, on drill weekend. You proceeded to tell me that you were breaking up with me, and becoming a lesbian with Alexia." He finally tells me, laughing while I lay there gaping at him. "So I asked where you were and you said that you were definitely not at Alexia's. So I came over after you hung up."

"How did you get in?" I ask, trying to fit the pieces together as Matt laughs at me.

"Alexia let me in. Although she seemed highly disappointed when I finally convinced her that I was not the stripper she hired."

I burst out laughing, stopping with a wince after feeling a sharp pain in my head.

"I am so done drinking." I say as Matthew begins rubbing my temples. I let out a relieved sigh, but pout when he stops.

I look at him as he takes my hand, and brings it up to his lips. I smile at him and he grins back. It's a quiet moment until I feel a dull, yet slight sharp pain on my hand in between my pointer finger and thumb.

"Ow!" I yell, trying to pull my hand away, but Matt's grips my wrist and continues squeezing that pressure point. "Matt what the hell?" I smack his arm, but that doesn't do any good.

"Just quiet down and wait." He shushes me, and I pout at the pain, looking away from my soldier's face.

After a couple of minutes, my headache seems to subside. I turn my gaze back to Matt almost in awe. He looks at me with a knowing smirk.

"That pressure point is your body's natural source of ibuprofen."

"That's crazy." I say as he continues rubbing the spot.

"I learned that one when I was in.....Baghdad, Iraq." He says after thinking for a moment.

"How many times have you been deployed?" I ask him while my free hand plays with his free hand's fingers.

"Afghanistan was my fourth deployment. I joined when I was 18 right after I graduated."

Four deployments in five years.

"The first year was basic training and I was stationed in Mexico." He adds.

"Jesus....." I whisper. "Do the newbies always go on a bunch of different deployments so close together?" I ask.

He shrugs, "some do."

"Why did you?" I almost regret the question as soon as it leaves me mouth.

He sighs, looking at me before looking at the ceiling. "I didn't really feel the need to stay." His words make my heart ache "I wanted to travel, but I also wanted to be like my dad. So I signed up on most deployments, but I also got put on the list involuntarily."

"What about Jo, and your aunt?"

"It was right after my parents died. Even though they became my new family, I still felt alone and lost. I wanted to get away from the yellow ribbons and the stars." His eyes are full of sadness as I begin to understand why he felt the need to leave.

"Are there anymore deployments soon?" I ask, worriedly.

"Not that I know of. Besides, I don't think that I'll go unless I'm put on the list." He says assuringly.

"Why?" I ask, confused.

"Because I think I've found a reason to stay this time." He says quietly, making me grin before his lips meet mine.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

TADA! It took longer than expected, but it's here, as promised.

I've decided that I will be posting my One Direction fanfic, that is based on a true story.

I'm sorry if you're not OneD fans, but that just means you can stick with this story and not hate me so much because Im a fan of One Direction!

I promise this story isn't going to begin to suck any time soon!!

Stay tuned for some more Matthew and Annalise moments, and maybe some more background on Derek!

Get hype!!

~QuackingDuck~

P.S, if y'all have a ship name or something for Matthew and Annalise, comment them to me! I'm really bad at ship names.....:/ but you can use their shortened names or their full names. You do you!