Ch.10 [FLASHBACK P.10]

GINGER POV

Alessa is acting strange lately, it started after our vacation anniversary. She became extra sweet, I mean she's usually sweet but it's a bit different now.

She makes sure to always tell me how much she loves me, she'll even call just to tell me that. She also started bringing me to romantic places everyday after my shift at work and make love to me afterwards.

It's not that I don't like it but I feel like there is something wrong with her and I'm starting to get worried.

Today is Sunday and we decided to just stay in her house and made dinner together. It is the place where we plan to live after we graduate from college and make a family.

We're drinking wine while listening to the music. She's been silent for almost thirty minutes already and I need to know why she's like that. I emptied my glass of wine before opening the topic that's been bugging me for the whole week.

"Lessa what's going on with you?" I asked gently before reaching for her right hand. She pressed my hand gently before smiling.

"Nothing's wrong with me babe, what are you talking about?" She said chuckling before sipping her own wine.

"You've been acting strange lately, I know that there is something that's bugging you. Did you do something that will make me mad? because if you do just tell me already and I will forgive you right away" I paused because my voice started to sound broken.

"Just don't make me worry please" I added.

"I'm just upset with my parents because they want me to do something that I don't want to do" she said before releasing a heavy sigh.

"Then don't do it" she smiled before pulling her hand away from my grasp.

"You don't understand babe, my parents won't stop until they get what they want" she looked so frustrated and sad.

The reason that she can't introduce me to her parents is because they don't fancy poor people. Her parents doesn't know that she's gay and it doesn't matter to me because mom accepted our relationship wholeheartedly.

I don't mind being hidden from her parents forever. As long as Alessa loves me, everything or everyone doesn't matter at all. I love her with all my heart.

"Okay, what is it that your parents want you to do? Is it about us?" I asked suspiciously. She became uneasy upon hearing my question.

"No! It's not about us, it's about our business" she said hastily, contradicting my suspicions.

"They want me to take a course that's related to business and I don't want that" she added.

I sighed in relief, I thought her parents found out about us already. I don't know what to do if Alessa chooses to leave me because of her family. I can't live without her because she's became part of my life now.

I smiled afterwards and leaned forward to kiss her.

"I love you Lessa, you're the only person that captured my heart, you're the first and the last person that I will ever love" she giggled before pinching my cheek.

My life became worth living and more exciting, she and my mom is my strength and inspiration in everything that I do. Soon she will graduate from high-school and will go to college.

She promised me that once she graduate and has a work, we will live together. In that way her parents can't interfere with our relationship because she can finally stand on her own.

After eating dinner, she led me to the living room to cuddle on the sofa bed. Whatever we do makes me happy and it doesn't bore me even for a bit. If I could just stop the time and stay like that forever I'd do it.