Ch.11 Back to Reality (Present)

GINGER POV

I'm so glad now that I'm back in Manila because I can now be with my father plus I can also visit mom's grave whenever I want to.

All my life I thought dad was already dead because that's what my mom told me to. He explained to me everything that happened and didn't hide any details. I hate him at first because he chose to abandon us but he didn't give up.

I don't blame mom for hiding the truth from me. She stayed with me through thick and thin, she's the sole reason why I'm still alive.

It took me about three years to trust, accept and love dad. Having a father is so new to me that time and I don't know how to act towards him.

I wish mom is still alive so that she can experience the things and luxury that I'm experiencing right now. I feel like crying whenever I think of her, she's the most precious woman to me.

She died of heart attack because we don't have enough money to support her medication. I almost sold myself just to sustain our daily needs but it still not enough for the both of us.

If only mom finished her studies and graduated as Suma cum laude, I bet she's still alive and kicking right now. The only thing that I'm happy about mom being pregnant is that I was born.

A gorgeous lady was born I flattered myself mentally.

Dad hasn't been in a relationship after mom that's why it's okay with me that he already proposed to his long time girlfriend. After all, he needs someone to take care of him. His fiancée is younger than him but I don't really know her exact age.

Dad told me that she's rich as well so I'm not really bothered that she might be a gold digger or a social climber.

They met because one of her family's restaurant is leasing in one of dad's hotel in Makati. They've been dating for almost two years already and still going strong.

I'm guessing that AA is in her mid thirties because dad told me that she's a successful woman already. She's even taking masters degree for the second time which is nice, because I, myself is planning on taking one.

"What time will dad arrive?" I asked the maid as soon as she puts down the juice that I requested.

"Maybe around six thirty"

"Ah" was all I said before focusing on playing League of Legends.

I'm too engrossed in playing that I didn't realize the time until I heard dad's car. I don't want to be interrupted in my game so I decided to not welcome them.

I made a face when I heard a knock, I know that it's our maid.

"Sir Emman wants you downstairs"

"Tell him I'll be there in ten minutes, I'm talking to someone on Skype" My team is on the verge of winning already so no one can make me stop right now.

"Hell yeah!" I danced in rejoice upon victory.

My eyes widen in disbelief when I remember that dad is already looking for me. I changed my sweaty clothes and ran to the living room immediately to greet them.

I grinned when I saw my future mom sitting on the couch, her back on me. I'm sure she's beautiful because dad have a good taste when it comes to girls. He smiled when he saw me approaching.

"GG I would like you to meet my fiancée, A" he stood up afterwards and pointed at her.

"Hey nice to meet you A" I greeted politely. She stood up afterwards to greet me as well but she gagged when she realized who I am.

Alessa Mendez, my body automatically froze in disbelief. The shock on her face is pretty obvious.

"Alessa Mendez" I mumbled frowning.

"What's wrong? Have you met before?" Dad asked curiously. She's about to answer but I interrupted her.

"Of course dad, she's your fiancée"I replied without removing my gaze on her.

"Ah yeah, I thought you already know each other" he said chuckling before moving close to Alessa.

"Ah, this is Ginger Vera Fernandez, GG for short" I clenched my first and jaw in so much anger. I'm trying my best to control myself from not exploding right now.

I feel like I'm gonna curse her to death if I speak so I decided to just stay quiet. Never in my life I imagined Alessa as my mom, thinking of it makes me puke already.

I tried my best not to speak during our dinner but dad kept on asking random questions about my studies and my life in London.

It pissed me off when he insisted that I should take my masters degree in Alessa's school. I don't wanna see her face, I don't want her near me. I wanna go back to London but I already promised him that I'm gonna be with him and won't leave again.

"Of all the people in the world who can be my dad's fiancée why did it turned out to be her?" I groaned in frustration. I've been punching the air multiple times already to ease my anger.

"My frigging ex-girlfriend seriously?"

If he only knew, that his fiancée is the one that I've been telling him. I want to yell to his face the truth but I don't have the guts to tell him. I've been open to him about my sexuality and he knows what happened between me and Alessa, though I didn't tell him her name before. I'm now regretting not asking for his fiancée's real name.

Dad is still so handsome and a billionaire, compared to me who's poor with just a pretty face back then.
I will never forgive Alessa because she's a heartless bitch, she broke my heart and left without saying anything.

God knows how much I want to tell dad the truth but he's too happy with her. I guess the best thing that I can do for now is to make her life miserable, of course without dad knowing it.

The sight of them being so sweet with each other disgusts me. The diamond engagement ring that she's wearing caught my attention earlier, I think it's too expensive for her. I'm sure that her mother is so happy right now, knowing that her daughter is marrying a billionaire.

I stood up from my bed afterwards because I can't bring myself to sleep. I opened my computer to play league of legends again because I need to get Alessa out of my mind.

"I can't believe how thick your face, asking me on what happened to my mom? You frigging bitch!" I slammed the keyboard in so much anger.

She disappeared at the time when I needed her the most, when she clearly know that I can't live without her anymore. She's one of the reasons why I accepted dad and embraced his wealth.

Hoping that one day I can get to tell to her face that I'm already rich, but I didn't expect it to be this way.

"Why dad? Of all people, why did you fall in love with her?"

                           •M•E•G•I•M•N•M•