Threats And Warnings

Chapter 35

            I heard voices coming from the living as I was slowly waking up. I hadn't realized how much I needed it until I actually fell asleep. I probably had been asleep for a few hours because my body seemed well rested.

           "All I'm saying is that you should have never put your hands on her." I heard coming from Rose as I was getting off the bed.

         "And I apologized to her." Was that Darcy?

          "Oh, did you now?" Came next. I kept listening.

           "Yes, Rose, yes I did."

         "You know apologizing isn't shit if you don't actually mean it. Make sure you never hit her again."

            "Well, it wasn't in my intention to hit her again."

           "I really hope so, Mr. Darcy. I really hope so."

          "Just Stay out of this, it honestly does not concern you the least bit." Okay, that was definitely Darcy.

          "Oh, but that's where you're wrong James Darcy, Charlotte's well being is my concern so you hurt her means you hurt me and I don't take it too lightly to people hurting her." Rose answered which made Darcy laugh.

         "Don't try me, if you ever want to see Charlotte again." Rose answered and in a second it got real quiet.

           "Is that a threat?"

         "I guess we will find out soon enough."

Oh for crying out loud, the last thing I needed was for these two to start fighting. Especially since I had just gotten Darcy back, I didn't want any other issues to come up. I just felt like so much more drama was waiting at the corner for me with Jemma about to pop that baby and whatnot, I didn't think I wanted any drama from the people that I actually cared about.

So I quickly put on my robe and walked out to find them standing in the living room with Darcy always having his hands in his pockets and Rose's arms crossed in front of herself.

I smiled and approached them. "Hey guys, what are you talking about?" I asked as I came to stand next to Rose who had her hand crossed in front her. No one was answering but instead you could clearly see Rose shooting daggers through her eyes at Darcy.

I raised an eybrow as I looked at Darcy. "So? What's up?" I asked again. Darcy just shook his head as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. I laughed.

"It's nothing. Rose and I were just talking." He smiled as he gently grabbed me by the back of my neck and kissed my lips softly.

"Yeah, just talking." Rose agreed. "Just remember my words Darcy." She said as rolled her eyes before grabbing her purse and walking oit of the apartment, leaving us standing in the middle of the living room. I watched with a small smile on my face as she walked away. I then turned to Darcy who was still holding on to me by my hips.

"You left so early this morning. Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked and I shrugged, stepping even closer to him.

"Yeah, sorry, I just didn't want to bother you, I knew you had to go pick Jemma up from the airport." I answered as I played with his tie. "Where is she by the way?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I left her at the penthouse."

"Oh okay, well great." I let go of him so that I could go grab something to drink. "Then what are you doing here?"