Chapter 5

I look are the room without really seeing. Its just another changing room in another stadium. I walk over and sit on the arm of the couch, tapping my fingers on my leg.
"You okay?" I hear Connor's Scottish accent in my ear.
"Fine." I mutter softly. He doesn't answer. Instead he pulls me into a bear hug.
"Hey! He's mine. Get your own." Brad says pulling Connor into his arms. He says it in a teasing tone but his eyes show something else though. Jealousy maybe.
"But I'm not." Connor says softly. "I could be but I'm not." He repeats before stepping out of Brad's grasp and nearly running out of the room.
I'm the first to move. James is sitting in a chair completely confused and Brad is standing there gasping. I quickly follow Connor's out the door.
I spy one of the doors farther down the hall open slightly. Reaching for the handle I hear soft sobbing inside.
"Connor?" I call softly as I step inside and close the door. He looks up at me, his eyes are already bloodshot.
"He hates me doesn't he?" Connor asks as he wipes his face.
"I'm sure he doesn't." I say encouragingly.
"But you don't know. I don't think I can take it if he does, Tris." He says letting me pull him into my arms.
"He won't. He cares to much to hate you." I whisper in his ear. We both sit there in silence for a few minutes before hearing somebody stumble outside the door.
"Connor?" Brad's voice calls out as he opens the door. I feel the boy in my arms tense slightly but he sits up and looks at Brad.
"Can you give us a minute alone, Tris?" Brad asks.
"Con?" I ask the other boy. He nods without saying a word. "If you need me I'll be in the other room with James." He nods again attention completely on Brad.
I slip out of the room and walk back down the hall. James looks up at me as I walk into the room.
"What's going on?" He asks but I just shake my head. Its not my secret to tell. He accepts this and doesn't press for more. We both sit quietly for nearly ten minutes before we hear the door creak open. I turn to look and see both Brad and Connor walk into the room.
"Is every thing okay?" I asks carefully watching Connor's face.
"Better than okay." He says looking at Brad almost shyly as the brunet boy interlocks their fingers.
"Good. We need to get ready then before we get in trouble again." I say grinning.
"Yeah you blonds take to long to get ready." Brad says laughing.
"Connor's blond too." James says pouting.
"He's mine so he doesn't get grouped with you weirdos." Brad retorts. This time the look in Connor's eyes are pure joy and he blushes slightly.
"Yeah Yeah whatever." I say with a smile.
"Don't worry Trissy we don't need them to be awesome." James says putting his arm around my shoulders. We all burst out laughing. As weird as it sounds this is what I live for.
------------------------------------------------
I was going to stretch it out a bit more but I couldn't think of anything else to put between.
How the New year going for you?
Kirkir