8. It's all fine

Hey guys, in 3 minutes the Sherlock christmas special starts! Woooo! i'm so excited! This chapter isn't that long, but i gave you a bit Johnlock here. I hope you all enjoy this, and the Christmas special :D Happy new year xx

John, please sit down." Sherlock asked warmly.

"Now, are we being friendly?" John snapped.

"Please, just let me explain." He said timidly.

John hesitated. He rolled with his eyes. "Fine." He said as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"Thank you." Sherlock coughed and swallowed.

"Talk." John said impatiently, waving his hand briefly with a stern look. John was actually quite happy that Sherlock was talking to him. But he won't show him that.

"Okay... I already told you how miserable my life is. My youth was the worst. I got bullied since the first day at school. I was an innocent toddler, and people already treated me as dirt. Even the fish didn't like me in the kindergarten." John frowned.

"The fish?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes, the fish John." He narrowed his eyes. "I've been in a serious coma twice. One time I was pushed from a low building, the other time they dumped me in a stable with a bull." He paused. "I was not even ten years old. Then In high school, nothing changed. They called me freak, beat me up. I don't know what I did to deserve this." Both boys were looking into each other's eyes, not looking away. John's heartbeat accelerated. He blinked, knowing they were staring at each other for a while now. He looked away, slightly blushing.

"What happened Tuesday then?" He asked.

"When I was twelve, I've made a friend. His name is Angelo. He reminds me of you. I've spent plenty time with him. And I enjoyed it. For one time in my life, I forgot my problems. He made me laugh, we played together. But then one day. He asked me to come to the forest, it was fun and the weather was very hot. He said we should jump into the pond and we did. We pulled out our clothes, left over with our boxers. And after thirty minutes we went out.

Angelo was pulling on his clothes, and I was searching mine. They were nowhere, gone. I thought some stupid children stole them. So I didn't really care much. But then almost my full class appeared, and they took pictures and laughed with me. I was used to it, but then I looked over to Angelo, he almost faint from laughter."

"Oh god." John mumbled. Sherlock swallowed.

"I ran away. Without clothes. I cried for days, I was broken. Mycroft always said 'all lives end, all hearts are broken, caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.' I've never listened to him. But since that day, I do. I deleted my feelings. It's hard for me to trust people, John. I thought when you wanted to pair me with Ben. You were like Angelo. I'm... sorry." Sherlock looked away, hesitating. "I have to go." He stood up and dashed out the room.

"Sherlock?" John exclaimed worriedly, jumping upright, running after Sherlock.

Sherlock rushed away, walking into the direction of the forbidden stairs. John was running after him, not losing the sight of the black curls. Sherlock dove into the forbidden corridor and scurried upwards. When he was on top, he slammed the door open and walked over the rooftop. He's been there for a couple times this week. It helps him think. He plunked himself down against the square wall in the middle. Sherlock had no idea what the point was from the square wall. It's build in the middle of the roof, useless. John walked in breathlessly.

"Sherlock? What..." He trailed off, hand resting onto the wall. Gasping for breath. Sherlock didn't answer him. He was just staring straight forward, glaring at the sundown.

John finally caught his breath back and settled him next to Sherlock. Shoulders touching.

"Listen, Sherlock." He paused. "I won't let you down. I'll be the friend you need. I promise I won't hurt you. You have to trust me." He looked over at Sherlock, Sherlock briefly made eye contact and nodded.

They've been talking for a couple minutes. John was happy to see Sherlock laugh. And Sherlock was happy to be with John. Later they just stared at the sundown in silence. It wasn't awkward, no. It was comfortable. John breathed loudly with a smile creeping onto his face and closed his eyes, enjoying the silence and Sherlock's company.

He slowly fell asleep, resting his head onto Sherlock's shoulder. Sherlock shivered at the contact. Wanting to wake up John. But then he thought, how nice it felt to have a friend close with him. He smiled at his doctor. Calmly he shifted his head onto John's head, closing his eyes as well. Smiling.

It's ten pm, both boys were still sitting onto the rooftop. It's getting cold. John snuggled unknowingly closer to Sherlock and stumbled forward. John jolted awake, half laying over Sherlock, blushing vigorously when they made eye contact. "Sorry." John said sleepily as he sat up straight. "You were sleeping deep." Sherlock chuckled. "We should head back." He added.

"Yeh." John agreed.

Credits to Potatocarrot101, for the help with my gramma. (editing this chapter) ^^