Honesty For The Win

I untangled myself from Ace carefully. It was very early in the morning, it was barely five am. Ace and I had fallen asleep halfway through a TV marathon of a teeny-bopper drama, which had been the only thing which had been on last night. An eyelash laid on Ace's high cheekbones and I leant down and swept it up on my little finger.

I was smiling at it rather dumbly when Ace stretched and looked up at my blearily.

"What time is it?" he asked me, grabbing my arm and pulling me back down beside him.

"Five past five," I said and showed him his eyelash, "make a wish."

Ace bit his lip and narrowed his eyes, obviously thinking. Then, causing me to jolt, he shot forward and put his lips in a pout, dangerously close to my finger. I was entraced by his expression, looking down at his face. It should be illegal for someone to be so absolutely stunning in every single way. He then closed his eyes and blew the lash away.

I watched it flutter in the air for a moment, and then disappearing from sight. I looked back down at him. He was smiling up at me and then wrapped an arm around me neck, pulling me against his chest. My heart skipped three beats in a row, my breath catching. I was far too close to him- what about Vanessa? Oh god he was so.... I couldn't even find a word to describe him. He was too close and I couldn't deal with him and his perfect-ness.

"What did you wish for?" I tried to force myself in normality. After all, he didn't feel this tension between us. He only saw me as a friend and that was totally cool, and that didn't make me want to tear up a cushion with my teeth at all. Well maybe slightly. Maybe slightly a lot.

"Can't tell you that, otherwise it wouldn't come true," he replied, his voice still thick with sleep.

I nodded and yawned, settling down. It was far too early to be up anyway. I stretched my fingers against gis chest, feeling his steady heart beat. If he didn't think this was too close for a friend to be, then it wasn't for me either. Anyway it wasn't as if he was anywhere near my league; he was miles above it. There was no shot for anything but a pure platonic friendship and I would make myself be okay with that.

Just when I was about to fall back alseep, I heard him say, "I know I shouldn't tell, but I wished for you."

But perhaps it was just my over active imagination trying to give me a little gift.

***

When I woke up, Ace was gone already. I sighed and decided to take a quick shower. After I was done I threw on a short white dress, slipping into some ballerina flats. I braided my hair sideways because I couldn't be bothered to blow-dry my hair. I slipped out of the appartment in less than half an hour.

I wanted to get breakfast at this cute pancake place, where they had the best maple syrup ever. I fished out my Phone and texted Cam, asking if he wanted to join me. Within two minutes I had a reply which read: PANCAKES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed and texted back 'See you there in ten! xx'. As I was about to walk out, I bumped into a short girl. I looked down and with a sinking stomach, I realized it was Jane. To be honest I wasn't very happy with her... she was going to steal my boo-bear.

She didn't look too happy with me either. In fact she looked a little foreboding in her pineapple shirt and high-waisted dark green shorts. She was wearing wedges but she was still shorter than me, and I had to stifle a smile at her cuteness. I was meant to be mad at her, but there was something about her which made it almost impossible.

"Serena, I think I need to talk to you," she said sharply, her hazel eyes narrowed.

"About Zac," I said, and she nodded, although it wasn't a question.