Chapter Eighteen

Abby's P.O.V

As soon as I hear him say that he wants to help pay for the surgery I slide off of his lap and quickly stand up. I run a hand through my hair and look down at him.

"Is t-that all t-this is?" I say fuming. I don't know why it pisses me off that he's offering to pay for my surgery, but something just doesn't feel right about him trying to offer me money out of the blue. "I'm j-just some k-kind of charity case to you?"

Scott looks up at me shocked and tilts his head. I try to ignore how cute he looks right now and shift awkwardly as he stares at me. There's a brief moment of silence as we just stare at each other.

"Stop thinking about yourself as a charity case," he says standing up and looking straight into my eyes. "Just think about it. I just want to help."

I look at him confused, wondering when the asshole that I met back in high school turned into this guy sitting in front of me. We stare at each other for a few more seconds before Scott grins at me and walks over towards the tree house door. I raise my eyebrow at him and he laughs before jumping out of the house. Like literally, he doesn't climb down, he jumps out.

I gasp and quickly run over to the door and look down prepared to see Scott's body sprawled out on the ground. But instead he's standing there staring up at me as if he didn't just jump out of a two story window.

"Worried about me babe?" Scott asks before turning on his heel and walking back towards the fence. As I climb down the ladder I can't help but replay the way Scott calling me babe sounded.

But I don't understand what this is, I mean sure Scott confessed that he likes me, but does that mean we're dating? He never asked me to be his girlfriend. Christ, this is so confusing.

Once I finally make my way to the ground I begin to walk back towards the fence. When I get there Scott is leaning against the fence texting someone with a furious look on his face. When he finally looks up and sees me he doesn't say anything, he just laces his hand with mine and pulls me along with him. While we're walking back around the house Scott's phone starts ringing and he answers it.

"Dad stop yelling," he says in a bored tone. "Her name is Abby and I knew you'd freak out if I told you I had a girl for a room mate." Pause. "No we are not sleeping together." Pause. "Well that's fine if you don't believe me, I'm sure mom will...yes I do know I'm a poor excuse for a son. My apologies...wait! No you can't do that, I love her! You asshole, I'll come back later."

My heart stops when I hear him say the 'I love her' part. He can't possibly be talking about me right? I mean, to like me is one thing, but to say that he loves me is another thing that I don't think I'm ready to hear.

"D-did you just t-tell him t-that you love me?" I ask cautiously as we continue walking.

"No," he says raising his eyebrow at me. "I was talking about my pig, he threatened to put her down. But you guys can meet another time, right now we actually have to get back to campus."

.-.-.-.-.-.

Scott's P.O.V

"So are you guys a thing yet?" Becca asks me as we watch a movie in her room. I dropped Abby off at our room once we got back, and left about an hour after she fell asleep on my chest.

"I guess," I say shrugging. "Why do you want us together so badly anyways?"

"I'm tired of feeling the sexual tension every time you guys are in the same room," she says rolling her eyes and standing up.

"Well what about you and Liam?" I say grinning at her, knowing that she's had a crush on him for the longest time.

"There is no me and Liam," she huffs. "Liam is nothing but a man whore."

"What about me?" Liam asks walking out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel on. I have no idea why he's showering in Becca's dorm room.

"We were just talking about how you'll never grow up to be half that man your mom is," I shrug.

It takes him a moment to register what I just said, and watching Liam try to figure something out is honestly the funniest thing in the world.

"Don't insult my mom," he narrows his eyes at me before dropping his towel and finding some shorts to put on. I look over at Becca and laugh when her eyes widen at Liam and she quickly hides her face in a pillow. Suddenly someone's banging on the door.

"Just a second!" Liam shouts as if this is his room. "I'm not decent yet!"

Becca walks over to the door and opens it. Anna dashes into the room with Abby's douchebag of an ex-boyfriend trailing behind her. Anna is out of breath and nearly collapses but Parker places his hands on her shoulders to steady her.

"I need to borrow one of your cars," she says breathing heavily.

"Why?" Liam asks pulling a shirt over his head.

"Abby collapsed," she says shivering. "They wouldn't let me ride in the ambulance with her. She's on her way to the hospital."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Another short chapter, but it's still a chapter. My first update of the new year! Hope you all enjoyed it, the suspense is killing me. A picture of Becca is off to the side----}}} Love you all!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan