Chapter 3

Sparrow had lead me to the meeting spot that was in neutral territory, and about a half days journey from the tree house. We were supposed to meet at midnight so I didn't get a chance to change clothes. All I had was a small backpack with a snack and some clothes for Sparrow who was currently in his werecat form, a black jaguar. I rode on his back because I was tired from my journey earlier today.

When we got to the meeting spot I noticed it was just a clearing in the woods next to a stream. I tossed Sparrow his clothes, and he went behind a bush and shifted then put his clothes on.

We waited for a while in silence, the woods were still, too still. I did not like it. The woods should be alive, very alive. I didn't understand why it wasn't. That's when I saw the weres.

There were five visible, some in wolf form, some not. The head of this group was in human form. He was a older man with whips of gray starting to form in his black hair.
He was also obviously the beta or third in command of the pack. I also recognized two of the weres, who were still in wolf form, from my run in yesterday. The other two I couldn't recognize or place in the pack.

"Greetings Sparrow." The leader of the group said.

"Greetings Alpha Matt." Sparrow responded, with a slight bow in his head.

It took a moment to process but I then realized this was the alpha of the pack. This must have been a bigger deal than I had realized. Oops!

"I am glad to see that you're in good health Sparrow " Alpha Matt said.

"Well, I'm glad to see your in good health too."

"Ahh, yes. But I am under a lot of stress, perhaps you can relive some? Or at least tell me why your litte snow leopard friend here has been in my territory?" I didn't like the way he said the words snow leopard. He then looked right at me.

I felt like some little kid getting scolded for breaking a window or something. I knew he must think I was weak now. I couldn't let him keep thinking that. So I looked up and looked him straight in the eyes. He looked shocked at what I had done. Then there was something else placed on his face, that I couldn't read, then it was gone.

"Well, you see..." Sparrow started.

"Why doesn't your friend answer for herself?" The Alpha said.

"Oh I see no reason for that..." Sparrow said.

"Calm down Sparrow." I said. "I was on your territory because I needed food, and you have more than enough prey. You rely on grocery stores, while I, I rely on nature."

The Alpha smiled, then said, "Walk with me girl."

"Dove." I corrected.

"Dove them. Come along." He said then walked off. I followed him quickly.

"So, Dove." The Alpha started, after we were out of earshot, "How long have you known Sparrow?"

"I don't see how that matters."

"Is he your brother?"

"In many ways, yes. But he is not my blood brother."

"So you're not related to him at all?"

"Not that I know of."

"Don't you have a real family?" he asked.

"No." I responded.

"So is Dove you real name?"

"No..."

"What is?"

"I don't see how this matters." I said.

"Oh but I do." Alpha Matt said.

"Is there a reason you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes."

"May I ask why?"

The Alpha stopped in his steps. His face turned dead serious. "I want you to join my pack."

I almost laughed. This guy could NOT be serious. A werecat join a werewolf pack? That was just crazy! And dangerous. Only the Alpha's face was dead serious. "Umm I'm sorry but I have to say no."

"Well then," the Alpha said, "I guess we'll just have to take you by force then." With that three weres appeared from the shadows. Only I was already gone.

==================================================
AN:

Yay second part in one day! I can say I was in the zone! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and sorry for making them a bit short!